Celebrity Century Cruise Review by Debs6475

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Hawaii
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Century Cruise Reviews | Hawaii Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

The Wonderful Century
Century Cruise October 17, 2011

I first have to say, this was by far the best cruise that I have been on to date. The staff on this wonerdul cruise line is the very best that I have seen. They go out of their way to make each guest on the cruise feel like they are the only guest on the ship. Their personal attention to every detail about the guests on the ship make this cruise the best. By the second day on the ship, staff were addressing me by name, they knew my preferences in the main dining room and also my preferences in my state room. The staff at the Cova, even learned my favorite coffee drink after the first one that I ordered on the first day of the cruise. The activities staff do their job to perfection, the activites that were scheduled kept the interest of my husband and myself each and every day. The Main dining room staff that we had were top notch and made each dining experience the best. The food was outstanding and we never had a bad meal in the main dining room, the buffet or in Muranos. There were always plenty of options in each area to choose from.

The bar staff learned my preferences for drinks and somehow always had them waiting for me when I arrived to any venue. There were always plenty of deck chairs and loungers by the pool area and the pool staff made sure that there were never " chair hogs." My only complaint is that the hot tubs close at 8pm, we like to use the hot tubs before bed time. There were also lots of towels availabe to take ashore for excursions.

Embarkation in San Diego was fast and painless as we arrived around 11:30 and were aboard ship by 12noon and in line at the buffet for lunch. Our cabin stewart was wonderful ( 9074) and had our room ready by 2pm and out luggage arrived before dinner at 6pm. There is plenty of storage in our room and we never ran out of space to store the many purchases that we made.

The spa staff were gracious and I didn't feel the "hard sell" to by products that I have had in the past. They were professional on both occasions that I used the services of the massage therapist and the hair stylist.

The staff that stood out were: Luis (bar server), Mattias and Tony in the dining room (table 591), Maria in the Cova,and our room stewart. Activites staff John (cruise Director)Dustin and Julianna. I would recommend this cruise to anyone that wants to have excellent service and a great time. The Century is a wonderful ship. The nice touch of cool drinks and cool towels after the warm excursions were an added touch that made this cruise extra special. The executive chief (Robert) made a point of talking to the guests in the dining room several times during the cruise and we always got what we ordered without complaint. We used room service once during a port day and it arrived just as ordered and at the time that we asked for it.

Great Job Century Staff and Crew. The ports and the excursions that were offered and the willingness to asssit guests by the excursion staff was awesome. We were never disappointed by our choices for excursions. The pursers staff and quest relations staff were very easy to deal with and corrected each issue that we had quickly.

Publication Date: 11/06/11