Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by rcclfan101: Great Cruise on the Summit!

rcclfan101
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Summit Southern Caribbean Cruises

Great Cruise on the Summit!

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: Other

This is my second time on celebrity and my second time on a Millennium ship. My first was the Constellation and now this one. This was a re-positing cruise from NJ to San Juan. I always like these because it gives you the chance to explore more ports (usually if you want to go to Bermuda that's the only port of call). This one also went to St. Thomas and ended up in PR.

Having read some reviews I expect the ship to be "worn" this was simply not the case for me. Perhaps the other cruisers have been on the newer Solstice family ships and their bars were raised but as for me the ship seemed to be in good internal condition. The outside did look a little worn.

The service was great as always on Celebrity and the food in the Olympic restaurant was also top notch. We also dined at the Normandie restaurant and I would highly recommended it as the food was FANTASTIC! My only complaint is that I had been on RCCL before at the Chops Grill speciality restaurant which at the More time was 25.00 dollars a person- this one was 40.00 plus tip. Celebrity just raised the price for this and I think that 25.00-30.00 is enough for this restaurant. But it was a good break from the norm so I would defiantly go again.

The activities were good but I think they could have been better. I missed the Belly flop contasts like on the RCCL ships and the "Marriage Game" which is too funny.

Finally the ports: BERMUDA IS BEAUTIFUL! We did have an issue with Celebrity here since they canceled our tour and didnt let us know until 15 minutes before. Unacceptable. We went to Horseshoe bay our own came back early only to find that the tour had been canceled. We wanted to go Shipwreck snorkeling but ended up taking a ferry to Hamilton which was 15 minutes away. The town was a little boring and nothing to write home about. HORSESHOE BAY was fantastic!!! Defiantly recommend you going there. Skip the ships tour was a taxi was only 30 bucks each way for 4 people. St. Thomas is also beautiful- I had been there before but this time we went snorkeling at Turtle Cove (since our previous one was canceled) when we came back we made our way to Megan's Bay.. another top 10 beach in the world. Not much to do there but the scenery was beatiful. Our cab driver suggested Coki beach instead- will go to that next time in there! Less

Read more Celebrity Summit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Summit Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Summit Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7)