Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Darleena

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Darleena
Celebrity Constellation
Celebrity Constellation
Member Name: Darleena
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Istanbul
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 04
See More About: Celebrity Constellation Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals

Celebrity Line. CONSTELLATION
I have sailed on many lines, however this was my first cruise on Celebrity.

My sister and brother in law with whom I sailed have enjoyed saIling with Celebrity and assured me that I would also do so.

They were wrong, I was very disappointed.

This was the first time that I travelled as a single, consequently paying for two was a huge expense and I would only cruise again if singles get a better deal.

The food on "Constellation" was very ordinary, definitely not up to the standard I have enjoyed on other ships. The buffet offered the same food every day. There were plenty of salads at lunch time but little in the way of meat or fish to go with them.

This is the first cruise I have been on where afternoon tea was not served.

On the last day of the cruise afternoon tea was offered at a charge of $18.00 per person. We did partake and it was very nice, however I think the charge was excessive.

Indeed almost everyone I spoke to complained of the greed of the company in their charges for every little thing.

In Mykonos there was a last minute change from a tender landing to a berth one.

We were charged $7.00 for a two minute trip on the bus into town!

The entertainment was very ordinary apart from a violinist who entertained us on two evenings.

Norovirus struck down a huge percentage of passengers and crew.

Disembarkation was handled smoothly although we were disappointed that there was no provision made for people who had a late flight out of Istanbul, to leave luggage. I sat at the airport for eight hours!

Publication Date: 11/06/11