Celebrity Constellation Cruise Review by Darleena: Celebrity Line. CONSTELLATION

Darleena
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Constellation Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Celebrity Line. CONSTELLATION

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Istanbul

I have sailed on many lines, however this was my first cruise on Celebrity.
My sister and brother in law with whom I sailed have enjoyed saIling with Celebrity and assured me that I would also do so.
They were wrong, I was very disappointed.
This was the first time that I travelled as a single, consequently paying for two was a huge expense and I would only cruise again if singles get a better deal.
The food on "Constellation" was very ordinary, definitely not up to the standard I have enjoyed on other ships. The buffet offered the same food every day. There were plenty of salads at lunch time but little in the way of meat or fish to go with them.
This is the first cruise I have been on where afternoon tea was not served.
On the last day of the cruise afternoon tea was offered at a charge of $18.00 per person. We did partake and it was very nice, however I think the charge was excessive.
Indeed almost everyone I spoke to complained of the greed of the More company in their charges for every little thing.
In Mykonos there was a last minute change from a tender landing to a berth one.
We were charged $7.00 for a two minute trip on the bus into town!
The entertainment was very ordinary apart from a violinist who entertained us on two evenings.
Norovirus struck down a huge percentage of passengers and crew.
Disembarkation was handled smoothly although we were disappointed that there was no provision made for people who had a late flight out of Istanbul, to leave luggage. I sat at the airport for eight hours! Less

Read more Celebrity Constellation cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Constellation Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Constellation Oceanview Stateroom Vista Deck (7) 2172

Cabin was fine for one person, would have been cramped for two.

A tour in Athens is a must. There is so much to see. The new Acropolis museum is wonderful

We were unlucky with the weather which was cold and wet. Plenty of shopping in the bazaar. Not sure whether we did well in the bargaing stakes but it was fun.
Read 25 Bodrum Reviews

Busy port where one is hassled all the time to buy carpets. Lots to see but tiring walking on cobblestones.
Read 262 Istanbul Reviews

A trip to Ephesus is a must. This is such a historical site and beautifully kept. Wear comfortable shoes, there is a lot of walking.
Read 362 Kusadasi Reviews

Another beautiful Greek island with nice shops and friewndly people.
Read 381 Mykonos Reviews

Rhodes is beautiful. Be prepared to do a lot of walking and wear comfortable shoes. Shopping is good but very few traders will bargain. Prices are geared to the tourist industry. We also stopped in Marmaris, Turkey. This is a very lovely seaside resort. We took a three hour boat trip on the beautiful harbour which was very relaxing. The water is blue and so clear with lots of fish. Many of the passengers dived overboard and snorkled.
Read 185 Rhodes Reviews

Santorini is a magical island. The cable car up the cliff is great and the views are fantastic. Lovely little shops and friendly people.