“Ocean Countess Canary Islands and Madeira October 2011”
Cruise review of

Erica Castle 5 Ocean Countess Canary Islands and Madeira October 2011
Erica Castle
Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Mum has cruised many times and says this was her best holiday ever. Having nothing to compare it too, everything was fabulous -â€" accommodation (two portholes), very clean amply spacious cabin and loved the rocking of the ship particularly tucked up in my comfy little bed and appreciated strong lighting when making-up! I was used to the engine noise within 2 days. There was huge excitement when we hit a big wave coming home. Seats were turned over, crockery and food went everywhere. Many passengers were scared so I should not make light but I always felt completely safe. I cannot applaud the crew more for their professionalism in handling the situation which I took advantage of by finding young male crew members to help me on the stairs. At 50 I was one of the younger passengers but proved a perfect mix for a mum and daughter. There was lots of entertainment on offer all day, though not all my cup of tea ie bingo but you make the most of it and I had several very enjoyable Pilates, yoga, tai chi and line dancing lessons while at sea. I did think 'floating holiday camp' at first but there was also a good selection of trips, very well explained in presentations first and well organised. I have some wonderful holiday snaps to treasure. We also made heaps of interesting acquaintances particularly at meal times. Mum loved being served in the Kensington Restaurant. There were several 'incidents' during our voyage and the Chinese-whispers we shared made us giggle like children. I did expect cruising to be more about the places we visited but getting there aboard the Ocean Countess made it the perfect holiday. Might try out the Marco Polo next..and seek out the cute Ukrainian waiter...
Cruises to Canary Islands
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Review
Cruises to Canary Islands
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?