Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by Billyd1230: Everyone should try it at least once.

Billyd1230
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Everyone should try it at least once.

Sail Date: October 2011

Embarkation was a breeze. Separate entrance for the Suites made it quite easy to get on board. Getting off we carried our own luggage and we were off the boat by 8:30. Well organized and very efficient.

The public rooms were amazing and there were enough of them so that you didn't feel crowded. Inside along the promenade or outside on Central Park and the Boardwalk each had their own special ambiance which made for a pleasant day or night at sea.

The cabin was the best I've ever had. It was a junior Suite on Deck 11. Nice size. Nice location. It took a few days for the in room reservation system to work so I just gave up on that. There are not many plugs so bring a power strip. FYI minibar is not complimentary and the bottled water is extra. There was nothing wrong with the filtered ice water. The turn down service great with some of the most creative towel animals I've seen.

Now we get to the confusing part. The entertainment venues need to be reserved in More advance. You're best bet is to do this when you book your cruise. RCI has a section on the website that allows you to book a time and day when you would like to see a show. You just walk up to the theater and show your room key they scan it and in you go. It makes life a lot easier since the ship can't accommodate all passengers in one spot at the same time. There were a few people who felt they were above this system and it caused some minor delays. We were able to see everything we wanted and it was really grand. I especially enjoyed the ice show and the Aqua Theater. The Jazz club that did not need a reservation had some talented people as well.
I have mixed feelings about the Dining Options. There were so many places to eat some are included in the cruise cost and some had cover charges. I expected the main dining room to offer some decent food selections but I was disappointed. The overall service and quality was poor. Our waiter was not the most friendly we've ever had. He looked nervous and scared. He kept giving us wrong information regarding the dinner being served and which night was formal and casual. The steak was a little tough and a very poor cut of meat. I know for $20 more I could have ordered from the Chops selection on the menu but I didn't really want to. CCL offers a better meal and selection. The Windjammer which was as crowded as people stated did have a great buffet for Breakfast and Dinner. We ate at Johnie Rockets for lunch $5 cover good food selection and great customer service. My advice is to check the location of all the included food venues before you get to the ship. You can then select the places with the cover charges after. I've read some are good and some overrated.

The Customer service was labored. The staff tried to be helpful but they seemed to be very nice until you asked a question and they couldn't give you an answer. Their might have been a bit of a language barrier or perhaps the ship is so big that they just didn't know how to answer. We did find a few individuals that did stand out so there is hope. In Conclusion this is a Great Ship which everyone should experience once. It was a bit more costly than any other cruise I've been on but I wanted to get on this boat. I had a great time. Labadee was a pleasant surprise and Cozumel was fun. Falmouth, Jamacia was too far away from anywhere which gave us a good chance to explore the boat and enjoy the pool. I met a lot of interesting people from all over the world. It was a bit overwhelming with all of the food venues and all of the activities spread out over the boat. I might want to take another cruise on her just to see what I missed the first time around. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Junior Suite Deck 6 11626

I usually book a Balcony but this time I figure I'd see what a junior suite was like. The extra room and full bath for a few hundred more was well worth it. We didn't get the concierge service with the junior suite but thats okay didn't really need it. The location was midship very quiet and really smooth.

This port is still undergoing growing pains. Book an excursion if you're going anywhere. It's quite far from anywhere and as one couple I spoke to said is was a $50 cab ride to get anywhere. We just shopped at the port and enjoyed the uncrowded boat that day. Labadee, Haiti needs to be put on the Port Choice list. The RCI private resort was a great beach day. They did a nice job. This was the place I was a little leery about but it turned out to be quite a pleasant surprise. This port I would rate a 5
Read 479 Falmouth Reviews