“Not Impressed with this ship or it's food...and GF dining.”
Cruise review of Carnival Imagination

mamama'am Carnival Imagination 3 Not Impressed with this ship or it's food...and GF dining.
mamama'am
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
Overall, I was not impressed with anything on this ship. Yes, I know it was a cheap 3 night cruise, but I would still expect better quality. The stateroom was pretty nice for being an inside room. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. But, and it's a big one, the food was mediocre at best. The drink prices were high. The common areas were worn down. The entertainment was quite poor...the singers were not very good and the comedians were just okay. I think if this is your first cruise, that you wouldn't know any better. But, if you are an experienced cruiser, either go with a different cruise line or a higher level boat. Not a terrible experience by any means, but not the pampered feeling I left with on my other cruises. On a side note, those of you who are gluten free will probably be as frustrated as I was. While they offer GF bread, pancakes, and cake, the bread is AWFUL, the pancakes are fine, but you have to preorder the cake for dessert the night before, which they forget to ask you about. It was good when I finally got it the last night. The ordering process is frustrating, since you have to preorder each meals food a day in advance, and if you forget something, they can't just add it. They definitely need to figure out a better process. Also, you can't get GF items anywhere but the dining room. Again, overall not a bad experience, but next time I will spend my money elsewhere.
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

4EE137
Good size for being interior. No a/c control, so the room was always cold. Slightly noisy since close to the bar.

Port
Easy access to the port, quick embarkation and debarkation. Airfare was expensive from TX.
Read 1,119 Miami Reviews
Published 11/03/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Imagination Review
Carnival Imagination Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?