Carnival Imagination Cruise Review by mamama'am: Not Impressed with this ship or it's food...and GF dining.

mamama'am
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Carnival Imagination Bahamas Cruises

Not Impressed with this ship or it's food...and GF dining.

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas

Overall, I was not impressed with anything on this ship. Yes, I know it was a cheap 3 night cruise, but I would still expect better quality.

The stateroom was pretty nice for being an inside room. All the staff were very friendly and helpful. But, and it's a big one, the food was mediocre at best. The drink prices were high. The common areas were worn down. The entertainment was quite poor...the singers were not very good and the comedians were just okay. I think if this is your first cruise, that you wouldn't know any better. But, if you are an experienced cruiser, either go with a different cruise line or a higher level boat. Not a terrible experience by any means, but not the pampered feeling I left with on my other cruises.

On a side note, those of you who are gluten free will probably be as frustrated as I was. While they offer GF bread, pancakes, and cake, the bread is AWFUL, the pancakes are fine, but you have to preorder the cake for dessert the More night before, which they forget to ask you about. It was good when I finally got it the last night. The ordering process is frustrating, since you have to preorder each meals food a day in advance, and if you forget something, they can't just add it. They definitely need to figure out a better process. Also, you can't get GF items anywhere but the dining room. Again, overall not a bad experience, but next time I will spend my money elsewhere. Less

Read more Carnival Imagination cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Imagination Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Imagination Interior Empress E137

Good size for being interior. No a/c control, so the room was always cold. Slightly noisy since close to the bar.

Easy access to the port, quick embarkation and debarkation. Airfare was expensive from TX.
Read 161 Miami Reviews