Costa Concordia, A Look Back Cruise Review by Jem IB: Wonderful and Memorable Experience

Jem IB
0 Post

Wonderful and Memorable Experience

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

This was the second cruise I have been on with my family. I joined the cruise in Savona where Costa has its own dedicated terminal. The organisation was spot on with friendly and helpful crew throughout the ship. My daughter is disabled but I found virtually all areas of the ship easily accessible using the 20+ lifts located throughout the ship.
The food was excellent, being mainly European dishes. The choice of dining options was good with either a la carte or buffet. Restaurant staff were superb, even cooking a special Filipino dish for my wife's birthday as well as providing a birthday cake.
Entertainment was very good and varied, catering for all tastes.
The cabin was very nice and comfortable (we were upgraded from an inside I1 to an ocean-view E2) and reasonably spacious. The cabin steward was very good.
At all ports of call the organisation was superb considering the size of the ship and number of passengers embarking/disembarking.
Choice of shore More excursions was good although some excursions seemed very expensive.
Drinks on board were expensive although discounted drinks packages could be purchased.
The cosmopolitan passenger mix was nice with a large number of nationalities on board.
Most announcements were in several European languages so I did not find language a problem at all. What I found a nice touch was that all crew members had name badges with their nationality and flag on them (the crew comprised of some 40 or 50 different nationalities).
Overall the whole experience proved to be both relaxing, extremely enjoyable and also memorable. I will definitely be going on another Costa cruise! Less

Read more Costa Concordia, A Look Back cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Costa Concordia, A Look Back Review >>

Cabin review: Costa Concordia, A Look Back 2394

Cabin was reasonably spacious and very comfortable with a kingsize bed and a sofa converted to a single bed. The bathroom was small but very clean and served all our needs. The location (on deck 2) was reasonably quiet and the window was nice and big. The only small criticism really was the limited choice of english-speaking TV channels (only 1 available - BBC World). In all a very nice cabin.