Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by nardcornish

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by nardcornish
Radiance of the Seas
Radiance of the Seas
Member Name: nardcornish
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: Australia & New Zealand
Cabin Category: E1
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Australia & New Zealand Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Radiance of the Seas first Trip Down Under
Have Just returned from Perth and the 16 night Top end of Australia Cruise. Had a very good time despite a few disappointments. RCL does have some fine tuning to do with the Radiance of the seas in order to maintain customer satisfaction .

Firstly I must say that I received NO information from RCL prior to the cruise. not one email or letter. No notification that shore excursions were available (missed out on one I wanted to do as a result of this)I thought this was appalling. Everything I found out bout my cruise I found out by myself. Last year we sailed with Princess cruises and we were inundated with pre cruise information and welcoming emails. RCL had the worst pre cruise contact I've ever experienced.

Embarkation was a disaster. Long waits in Queues in the heat. Many passengers were upset and tired by the time they got on the ship. in the meantime the Moet I ordered for my room had gone warm but we eventually were settled in our cabin and ready to explore the Radiance

Cabin was very nice. The rounded end beds were handy as we didn't hit the corner every time we passed but for a tall person I did get a bit fed up with my feet hanging off the bed. Décor was lovely. Bathroom was small particularly the shower but I was expecting this. The regular smell of Sewerage outside my room and on the balcony was off putting and no staff could really explain why this was so.

Dining was great. We chose my time dining and we had beautiful food most of the time. Also tried 4 of the speciality restaurants. Sambra Grill, Chops Grill and Giovanni's were all superb but Izumi was only average. Went to the Windjammer a number of times and it was a great selection but needed a bit more variety.

The entertainment was high quality and a lot of fun. We thoroughly enjoyed the shows. There were lots of other activities which were fun. Casino was great despite losing more than I wanted to on the poker machines. Casino staff were friendly and very accommodating. Many thanks to Robert and Inna particularly

the waiters, room attendants etc were excellent and very friendly. The officers and higher levels of staff were quite "stand offish". We found the staff on the Sun Princess much more friendlier and accommodating.

Loved both pools and spent a lot of time there.

Shore excursions were way over priced and very disappointing in general. We spent $250 each on a nightmare tour to the barrier reef, a two hour trip to there and back had very choppy seas and resulted in most passengers terrified and vomiting. This tour should have been cancelled or our money refunded. It was far from pleasant. Other Shore excursions were way overpriced and disorganised in General. The Tendering process was generally a nightmare and the Radiance needs to sort this out for future cruises.

Most of the passengers were disappointed in the change of Port from Broome to Port Headland however the reception we received from the people of Port Headland was wonderful and very touching.Seeing everyone along the foreshore cheering us as we left Port was a highlight of the trip

The Ship is Beautiful and was very clean. I would recommend this ship provided that the tendering process improves but the warn everyone to be cautious about the shore excursions

Publication Date: 11/02/11