Noordam Cruise Review by Flyer52: I'm Hooked

I'm Hooked

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

I was a bit apprehensive about embarking on my first cruise as I always suffer from seasickness. I really didn't have to worry as the ship was huge and very stable. My travel agent suggest picking a cabin mid-ship and we chose one on the Upper Promenade deck. Its was semi obscured but it suited us fine, with plenty of room and light.
My husband who thought he would be bored was amazed at how busy we were. The days were filled with shore excursions, eating, swimming, eating, going to the many classes, lectures and exhibitions on board, eating, using the library and Internet, eating again, shopping on-board, you guessed it, eating. We saw a different show every night and if we had been so inclined gambled in the casino. As you have already gathered the food was amazing from the poolside grill to the five star night at Le Cirque. Silver service breakfasts and high teas...yum.
We spent 20 amazing nights touring both the Eastern & Western Mediterranean, made lots of new friends More and saw some wonderful sights. If you have never cruised before, do it! I can certainly recommend the Holland America cruise line. The staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. If it can be done for you it will be. Less

Read more Noordam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Noordam Review >>

Cabin review: Noordam Large Partial Obstructed Seaview Upper Promenade 4080

The cabin was large and airy with plenty of light. Extremely quiet. I would chose it again.