Vision of the Seas Cruise Review by AteErNok

Embarkation: Istanbul
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: K
Cabin Number: 2081
See More About: Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Vision of the Seas Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Vision of the Seas Deck Plans
Ancient Lands in Eastern Mediterranean
The ship stayed in Istanbul the first night. This made for a pleasant embarkation. I arrived at 2 pm (12 noon opening) and walked right on the ship. There were no lines and my luggage was in the room in an hour. We explored the ship and ate at the WindJammer. Please note that if you are talking the Metro (formally Tram-1), don't get off until the second to last stop. I got off just past the Golden Horn bridge and my poor wife about died pulling her luggage a mile through Istanbul.

We enjoyed the first show and found the meals throughout the cruise enjoyable. Occasionally, we ordered the steak when nothing looked to appetizing. I like on the Texas coast where there is a shrimp fleet. I am used to fresh shrimp. The shrimp on the boat was not good IMO. I did not find the seafood on the ship (with the exception of the Scallops) up to par. However, I enjoyed lamb and duck and most of the fish dishes. Don't miss the salad bar at lunch (Brassiere 60) on sea days.

The ship was a little dirty (carpet on stairs was stained) but the staff worked hard and was always cleaning. I was impressed with my room steward and the waiter/assistant waiter gave us good advise about ports and what to do.

I enjoyed the rock wall and ran a few miles on the outdoor track. There was something in the swimming pool water that burned your eyes. The weather was good and the only shocking thing was I didn't gain more weight than I did.

Publication Date: 11/01/11
Read the Eastern Mediterranean ports review by AteErNok
More Vision of the Seas Cruise Reviews

Read the previous Vision of the Seas review Read the next Vision of the Seas review

More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews