Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by gourmet guide

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by gourmet guide
Grandeur of the Seas
Grandeur of the Seas
Member Name: gourmet guide
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: JS
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+

great cruise on a great ship
The Grandeur is now off to the Carribean so I won't bother with the western med itinery and will keep my review to the ship. You will have a great time on her thats for sure. We booked a Junior suite and it was spacious and super clean. Good size flat screen tv, fridge and bath, Oue cabin attendant Roger $Ruez for superb and would sing to us every time we saw him. He put smiles on our faces every day and was attentive but unobtrusive.

The ship itself is in great condition for its age and the events staff kept everyone busy and there was always something to do.

The food in the MDR was very good indeed and I review restaurants for a living and I am very fussy indeed. The waiting staff were as good as I have seen anywhere on land and after I dropped a Kinife a new one was on my table in under four seconds. superb.

The windjammer buffet was a bit hectic but that was mostly down to the bad manners of some of the guests but there was a great choice and the food was always warm.

One thing that surprised me was the fact that a lot of people did not know that you could have breakfast in the MDR and even lunch. People just didn't read their cruise compass and missed out on an awful lot.

The entertainment was good and the resident dancers were to a good standard and the RCI gameshows where a hoot. You get out of a cruise what you put into it and we took part in a lot of the events. The entertainment staff volunteered us for a few things as well but we had a ball.

My wife won the "finish the lyric" game and is very proud of her nice plastic medal. We took part in the 60 seconds or less game and went head to head so just as well it was a draw. And we won the Love and Marriage game which was a hoot but we won't be showing that dvd to many people.

All in all we had a great time on the Grandeur. Maybe we were just lucky, we had fantastic people on our table, We had waiting staff of the very highest calibre, and because we decided to actually take part in the shows we had the best time. This might be one of the smaller shops in the RCI fleet but it is still larger than the QE2 and the vision class ships are many peoples favourite.

The staff remember your name and your drinks without having to have a sneaky look at your seapass or their table notes. If you are hesitant about going on the Grandeur do not let the reviews put you off. Your gonna love it. get out there

Publication Date: 11/01/11