Become a Cruise Insider
Tips, deals and more in your inbox.

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by joy jeg: Something is just off

Norwegian Pearl 2
joy jeg
Member Since 2011

Something is just off

Sail Date: October 2011

Let me start by saying a vacation for me is always fun. I love to get away and meet new people and visit places I have never seen before. Because I was with people who were fun, I did have a good time.
From the beginning something was off. I was traveling with someone in a wheelchair and could get no help just to get her on the ship. We had rented a scooter and was put in the wrong room. Front desk was little help. finally got the scooter.

It took quite a bit of time in between each meal course. One of suitcases didn't arrive until quite late into the evening.
Most of the public bathrooms were out of toilet paper and dirty, or out of paper towels. One night our toilet when you pushed the button would not flush and smelled like sewage for a couple of days. One of the girls who worked in the gift shops was rude. I asked what sizes they had in their hoodies, she rolled her eyes sighed and said " small, medium and large".

One of the excursions we booked More said it was wheelchair accessible. It was not at all and if my mother was not able to stand for a short period. We would have been stuck in the parking lot in the rain with no cover.

When I told them at the front desk about some of these issues all they said was sorry about that.

We did get rerouted and missed 2 of out stops,but that is totally understandable and could not be avoided

Now these are all little things, but all added it made for terrible customer service and I do not think I will book a cruise on NCL again Less

Published 11/01/11

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Pearl Review >>

Cabin review: I18109

bathroom was huge because it being wheel chair accessible. Beds were not that comfortable and for more than 2 people you had to use bunk bed or roll out which leaves absolutely no room to move. closet space was smaller than other cruise ships, but had a lot of shelves

I only rate this a one because we never docked there because of the hurricane

Beautiful as always
Read 2999 Nassau Reviews

If you go to get free rum and beautiful water this would be fun. It is not for people who are in a wheelchair. No paved pathways. A few people got cut on the rocks and had to get medical treatment. The girls who were our hosts worked very hard and were very friendly

Skip X