Pacific Pearl Cruise Review by AJFENT

Member Name: AJFENT
Cruise Date: July 2011
Embarkation: Sydney (Australia)
Destination: South Pacific
See More About: Pacific Pearl Cruise Reviews | South Pacific Cruise Reviews | P&O Australia Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Pacific Pearl Review (by Cruise Critic!)
A Great Trip, BUT
I have left it for a while to write this review, When we booked this trip around the Pacific Islands, we where looking to see a part of the world we had not been to . A couple of weeks before the cruise one of those places we wanted to go was cancelled , we where told nothing about the changes and no reason was given by P&O. Anyway we where a little disappointing but what good we do, Nothing.

When we arrived at the dock to check in, I have to say warfl 5 was not most welcoming place to be, But that is not P&O fault. It was painless checking in. we boarded within a 1hr of getting there. Once on board the ship, the staff where very friendly and a guitar player , playing some nice music. The ship itself I have to say look OK at first. We decided to straight to the cabin and drop off our hand luggage. When arriving there opened the door and thought this is OK a nice view out of our window , the cabin had plenty of room, but I did notice that the noise from the Air Con was a little loud, anyway decided to get something to eat,went up to The Plantation food court to have some lunch. It was just after 2pm, and they had started to close it down, which was a little strange. We did mange to get some food and a drink, but the food was pretty average. After lunch went and had a look around the ship. After looking around , my conclusion's where that this ship was old and falling apart. We went back to our cabin and unpacked, which is the best part of any cruise. Had a shower and went up on decks for the sail away at 4pm, The ship did not sail until 6pm, which was 2 hrs late. I would have loved to have Sydney harbor in daylight not at night. That night we decided to have dinner at the Slat Grill. That was just amazing.The trip had started and we where on our way. Overall the trip was great

Every port we went into had something special about it, Tendering was a little slow, I think one port I waited nearly 3 hrs to get off the ship. The venues on the ship where OK , but good have been better. We mainly stayed in the Mix Bar mainly because the two Barmen Joe and Tom where just great, plus the Entertainer Paul Roxy was fantastic. And the Oasis Bar to watch the wake of the ship go by.

We mainly ate in The Waterfront and Salt Grill. we only went to the Buffet once or twice and that was only for lunch. Overall the cruise was great fun, meet some nice people. The only neg feedback was The Air Con in our cabin was so loud that I had to start wearing ear plugs.The Ship itself should have been scrapped , and a new one built. I know the cruise lines these days send all the old ships to Australia because the Americans won't travel on them, I have to say, I will never travel on P&O Australia again, because all there ships are old . The entertainment on the ship was very average. there was only Paul in the mix bar .

The shows looked tried and I have to say boring for me. The Cruise Director was terrible . The DJ Cowboy was great and always played what you wanted to hear.

Our cabin steward was Ok but not great, He never really cleaned our cabin properly , I always dusted after he had been though ,because he kept missing places. Apart from all that I still had a great time , but will not do a P&O cruise again, too Ozzie for me. P&O Need to pick up there standards a lot to ever get me back on there ships again. Hopefully Our Xmas New Year cruise with HAL Zaamdam will be better.

Publication Date: 11/01/11