Carnival Glory Cruise Review by terry5681

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Norfolk
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: OS
See More About: Carnival Glory Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Glory Bahamian Cruise
Although it was convenient to cruise out of Norfolk(only 3 hr ride from our house), this port has some problems moving people on & off the ship. It really surprised me because the other ports I've sailed out usually have smoother embarkation & disembarkation procedures!

Ship was clean for the most part, although some more upkeep was needed. especially in the Red Sail Buffet areas. I'm so used to seeing staff clean up the buffet areas more promptly when food is dropped or refills of trays are needed. Service in Golden Dining Room was wonderful. The menu has been cut down but selections and quality of food remain excellent! The Emerald Steakhouse was great& well worth the price that we had to go there twice! Room Service was great too!Wait staff was wonderful in general.Deli & Burrito bar was good.

Upgrading to a suite was great! We enjoyed extra room & extended balcony & the staff was wonderful! Plus getting on & off the ship was far easier to do with the VIP service.

We did not see the shows or attend many activities,as I went cruising to the Bahamas in January & saw the shows, then. The past cruiser cocktail party was great& the Halloween Costume party was fun.

I love to go to the casino & play the slots! it's just too bad that the ventilation for smoking is horrible & there are too many areas to smoke! seems like all the good slot machines were in the Smoking area.

Overall, it was a very good cruise. I would improve the layout of the ship. There are too many steps to climb for the Serenity area & the Water slide.It would have been nice if there had been a pool in the Serenity area instead of just hot tubs.

I would consider the Glory again but would like another itinerary as I prefer other ports over the Bahamas, especially those easier to get in & out of! All in all it was a good first cruise for my hubby and we would recommend this cruise to others!

Publication Date: 11/01/11