Carnival Glory Cruise Review by terry5681: Carnival Glory Bahamian Cruise

Carnival Glory Bahamian Cruise

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Norfolk

Although it was convenient to cruise out of Norfolk(only 3 hr ride from our house), this port has some problems moving people on & off the ship. It really surprised me because the other ports I've sailed out usually have smoother embarkation & disembarkation procedures!
Ship was clean for the most part, although some more upkeep was needed. especially in the Red Sail Buffet areas. I'm so used to seeing staff clean up the buffet areas more promptly when food is dropped or refills of trays are needed. Service in Golden Dining Room was wonderful. The menu has been cut down but selections and quality of food remain excellent! The Emerald Steakhouse was great& well worth the price that we had to go there twice! Room Service was great too!Wait staff was wonderful in general.Deli & Burrito bar was good.
Upgrading to a suite was great! We enjoyed extra room & extended balcony & the staff was wonderful! Plus getting on & off the ship was far easier to do with the VIP service.
We More did not see the shows or attend many activities,as I went cruising to the Bahamas in January & saw the shows, then. The past cruiser cocktail party was great& the Halloween Costume party was fun.
I love to go to the casino & play the slots! it's just too bad that the ventilation for smoking is horrible & there are too many areas to smoke! seems like all the good slot machines were in the Smoking area.
Overall, it was a very good cruise. I would improve the layout of the ship. There are too many steps to climb for the Serenity area & the Water slide.It would have been nice if there had been a pool in the Serenity area instead of just hot tubs. I would consider the Glory again but would like another itinerary as I prefer other ports over the Bahamas, especially those easier to get in & out of! All in all it was a good first cruise for my hubby and we would recommend this cruise to others! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Glory Suite Empress

Nice port! easy to get to & going through Security was a breeze. I just went shopping at the Straw Market by the boat & it was safe to do by myself (hubby is not a shopper). The shopping is fun & the people were easy to deal with!
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

Did not go to Nassau because the free shuttles ran infrequently & I had been to Nassau earlier this year.
Read 2625 Nassau Reviews