Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by Leibe_

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: other
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: A1
See More About: Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+

Holy Land Cruise
Background;

This was my first cruise since 1987 when I sailed Sitmar to Alaska.

Embarkation;

Painless and took about 15 minutes. When I got my glass of bubbly a steward pointed me to an elevator and suggested that I go to deck 14 for some lunch. I told him I preferred Bistro on 5 and he acted surprised that I knew about it. Lunch was very good, crab with a touch of chipotle sauce and creme brulee.

Ship;

The Silhouette (Silly) is a beautiful ship and still had the new smell when I was on her. She is being lovingly cared for by the staff and is spotlessly clean. The Hideaway was my favorite public place to "hide".

Stateroom;

I was in an Aqua Class stateroom and had plenty of room even though I traveled with 2 full suitcases and a carry on. All 7 pairs of shoes fit into the closet and I only needed about 1/3 of the shelves and drawers. I was worried about this because I had read that there was too little room in the staterooms.

Service;

My cabin steward, Oliver, and his assistant were fantastic. With him I didn't need a butler!! He was very much in evidence and requests were fulfilled with no waiting or drama. He sang as he cleaned the cabins and I liked to walk down the hall in the morning and listen to him. So cheerful and appeared to love what he was doing. He had a great sense of humor and really made my trip better with his can-do attitude.

Dining;

For breakfast and dinner I was in Blu. Food was very good and service impeccable. Great teamwork there. If a glass needs to be filled the first person to notice will fill it. There is absolutely no "that's not my table" going on. Bianca and her assistant Gabriel were wonderful. Bianca introduced me to risotto but I forgave her for that. People around me loved it so must just be me and my mid-western taste.

Lunch was in various places, all good. Did not have bad service anyplace. Murano was incredible!!!!

Ports;

Did not do any of the ship's tours but was fortunate to find a small group that did some wonderful private tours in Israel. Just did my own thing in Italy and Greece.

Activities;

Always something going on. Dance classes were fun. Did catch up on some reading however and really enjoyed that. For me vacation is a time for relaxation, not a lot of activities. I did get some serious relaxation on this trip.

Service;

Excellent throughout the ship. Only one small incident which was very bad but not enough to spoil a wonderful cruise. I reported the employee and I hope she will be disciplined.

Entertainment;

I gave them 5 stars because there was a lot of talent on the stage and they worked very hard to give very good performances. Rory really knows his way around a piano. I wish he had been given some time to entertain on his own. I would love to have seen his "Jerry Lee Lewis".

Summary;

I have booked a back to back next year for my birthday and will be taking another cruise this coming spring. I admit I am hopelessly hooked on Celebrity and hope to spend a lot of time on their ships.

Publication Date: 11/01/11