Disney Dream Cruise Review by Trip dreams: Disney spoiled us!

Trip dreams
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Disney spoiled us!

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband, myself and two daughters, ages 6 and 8 fell in love with our first-ever cruise. I think we all agreed that the Disney Dream spoiled us. We can't imagine loving a ship more than the Dream! The only two complaints we have are, first and foremost, three days is not near long enough to see the entire ship much less relax ,and ,second, we waited until our last evening to try to ride the aqua duck and it was not operating due to maintenance issues...big bummer!
The ship is beautiful! I love new, so the newness of the ship was a huge appeal to me. The stateroom was very comfortable for us all. The bed was possibly the most comfortable bed we have slept on. It was fantastic! Our stateroom hostess was beyond great. She helped us maintain a neat room while we stayed in lazy vacation mode.
The food was good. I will not go so far as to describe it as great. The servers, who were European, made up for where the food lacked. My daughter adored them! We ate at Enchanted More Garden upon boarding for a lunch buffet. We skipped it in the rotation for dinner at Palo instead, while the kids did the kid's club. Palo was the best meal we had. It had some great points. We had a lovely view of Nassau as we departed. It was a lot of fun. Animator's Palate was cool with Crush interacting with guests. We didn't have a prime table for interaction. So, it was not as fun for us as others. Royal Garden was a lovely restaurant. The food had a French flare. We had the Cabanas for breakfast once and really liked it. We had room service breakfast once and thought the menu was too limited. It was just continental offerings, but it saved us some time for getting off the ship in a timely fashion. The last morning breakfast was at Royal Garden. It was menu offerings and tasty.
We felt getting off the ship in Nassau was a mistake. We were not impressed at all with the island, and would have much preferred to stay on the Dream and enjoy it. We cannot say enough great things about Castaway Cay! We absolutely loved it! It was perfection in beauty and amenities offered. Disney definitely did it right. It has the most perfect beach for families with young children. It is a protected beach with no waves. It's like a turquoise swimming pool with sea life. My girls and husband enjoyed snorkeling and the slide. I enjoyed lounging in the lounge chair while watching the kids with a pina colada in hand.
Some other things we enjoyed were the scavenger hunt with the interactive paintings, and the live shows were awesome. We especially liked the Golden Mickey's. My husband went to see a first run movie on the ship in it's movie theater while the rest of the family slept.
There is so much more the ship offered that we didn't have time to do. That's how Disney will get us back! We can't wait. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom Deck 5 6008

We didn't care for Nassau. We explored on our own, and I wouldn't recommend that. I didn't feel completely safe doing that.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews