Subscribe today
Get Cruise Critic in your inbox

MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Paul

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > MSC Armonia Cruise Review by Paul
MSC Armonia
MSC Armonia
Member Name: Paul
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Venice
Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
Cabin Category: 5
Cabin Number: 7106
Booking Method: Local Travel Agency
See More About: MSC Armonia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   1.0 out of 5+
Dining 1.0
Public Rooms 3.0
Cabins 2.0
Entertainment 1.0
Spa & Fitness 3.0
Family & Children Not Rated
Shore Excursions Not Rated
Embarkation 2.0
Service 1.0
Value-for-Money 2.0
Rates 2.0
Write a cruise review!

Show the Lowest Price
Departure Month
Please select at least one vendor.
Avoya Travel
Travelocity.com
American Discount Cruises
CruiseDirector.com
iCruise.com
Direct Line Cruises
Cruise.com
Priceline.com
Sponsored Links:

red arrow
red arrow


Ship Facts: MSC Armonia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Armonia Deck Plans
Never going with M S C again!
Embarkation OK no disabled check in though, cabin supposed to be biggest inside on ship so the others must have been very very small.

Food in buffet deck 11 is a joke, breakfast, lunch and dinner, everyday the same hardly any rotation. All geared to Italians i had a bowl of cereals in morning, we had to get every lunch off ship in port, and dinner was a cheese roll and fries. Pizzas and fruit at side of pool bar, same everyday and a nice chap did cook different fresh pasta at lunchtimes at side of pizza place, and this wasn't to bad. We do not do main restaurants so cannot comment on those.

Drinks are a bit on the expensive side but if you drink water or fizzy drinks, i recommend the restaurant soda package. For 7 euros all cans and bottled water free during mealtime hours on deck 11 and main restaurants, this saved an absolute fortune, and if you have to go with MSC get this! Be warned though you do have to pay for tea and coffee with meals(except breakfast) and the only place you could get them free was a machine on deck 11 near pizza`s, and then you had to carry them to the buffet restaurant.

Staff, i would say 10% of them are friendly and helpful, the other 90% rude and not helpful. i was holding the door open 1 evening, stood with a drink and my walking stick keeping the door open for my wife and a manager walked straight through without even a thanks, i could not believe it!

Ports of call were very good and we did enjoy those, but watch Santorini, if you want to get off early you need to be on an excursion or get a number. I was pushed into a corner by an Italian member of staff who did not explain this, and when i was told 20 mins later to go to reception i found all numbers had gone and we could only go ashore after 4pm!

Entertainment a big let down nothing at all to do if you were sailing, only sit around reading or sunbathing or spend more money on drinks and sit in the empty lounges.

And finally the Italian guests, they are the most rude people i have ever met, you press for a lift and stand back to let people off, not the Italians, they barge past you and wont let people get off the lift before they get in!!

I did complain about all our problems we had in the week and Marcello the Guest relations manager was very nice about it and did cancel our 7 Euro daily service charge, and i gave 2 tips to the only 2 i thought deserved any.

Publication Date: 10/31/11
More MSC Armonia Cruise Reviews

Read the previous MSC Armonia review Read the next MSC Armonia review

Like This Review?



More Eastern Mediterranean Cruise Reviews
Cruise Critic's MSC Armonia Review
MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
MSC Cruises Message Board
Write a cruise review!
About UsAdvertisingEditorial DisclaimerPress
PrivacySite MapStoreSubscribe
X

Thank You For Signing Up!

Please Note: To ensure delivery of your free e-letters, please add news@cruisecritic.com to your address book.

We're committed to protecting your privacy and will not rent or sell your e-mail address. By proceeding, you agree to our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.