Avalon Affinity 2

“1st cruise I've been unhappy with!”
Cruise review of Avalon Affinity

CCinCalifornia
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

This is the second small ship we have cruised, with the first one being on the Yangtze River in China. That was wonderful, and I believe it was the same cruise line, but different ship.

Let me begin with the positive...the room/bath was the best we've had on a ship...mostly because of the roomy, full-sized bath. The ship was modern and nice, although a bit sterile feeling.

Having said that, the food was lousy and repetitive (had risotto at least four times at different meals during the first two days!), and the staff were rude and unfriendly, with few exceptions.

The only friendly staff on board was the cabin stewardess, two bar servers, the chef, and the piano player. Everyone else, including the cruise director, were unfriendly to different degrees. You could tell that most crew members were tired of working and wanted to go home.

I won't said that cruise line again, although perhaps other ships would be OK. This was certainly not! Less

Avalon Affinity Cruises to Europe River

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

B225
The cabin was the only good thing about the whole cruise. If that had of been marginal, I would have demanded a refund!

Published 10/29/11

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic's Avalon Affinity Review

Avalon Affinity Cruises to Europe River

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?