Avalon Affinity Cruise Review by CCinCalifornia: 1st cruise I've been unhappy with!

Avalon Affinity 2
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

1st cruise I've been unhappy with!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - River Cruise
Embarkation: Amsterdam

This is the second small ship we have cruised, with the first one being on the Yangtze River in China. That was wonderful, and I believe it was the same cruise line, but different ship.

Let me begin with the positive...the room/bath was the best we've had on a ship...mostly because of the roomy, full-sized bath. The ship was modern and nice, although a bit sterile feeling.

Having said that, the food was lousy and repetitive (had risotto at least four times at different meals during the first two days!), and the staff were rude and unfriendly, with few exceptions.

The only friendly staff on board was the cabin stewardess, two bar servers, the chef, and the piano player. Everyone else, including the cruise director, were unfriendly to different degrees. You could tell that most crew members were tired of working and wanted to go home.

I won't said that cruise line again, although perhaps other ships would be OK. This was certainly not! Less

Published 10/29/11

Read more Avalon Affinity cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Avalon Affinity Review >>

Compare Prices on Avalon Affinity Europe - River Cruise Cruises

Cabin review: B225 Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony

The cabin was the only good thing about the whole cruise. If that had of been marginal, I would have demanded a refund!

Read All Deluxe Stateroom with French Balcony (B) Reviews >>
Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X