Celebrity Silhouette Cruise Review by thecruiseexpert: Holy land cruise-better than expected

thecruiseexpert
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Celebrity Silhouette Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Holy land cruise-better than expected

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Other

After staying 4 days in Rome, we used Rome cabs for our transportation to the port. Embarkation was a breeze and we were on the ship in about 10 minutes.

DINING- We signed up for select dining and we made reservations on line prior to the cruise. The reservation system worked great and we never had to wait for a table. All of the meals we had in the dining room were fantastic. There was ample variety on the menu and every dish was prepared as ordered. The service was great and they would always ask us if everything was fine or if we would like other entrees or additional desserts. We also ate at the buffet on deck 14, and the layout allowed for free movement between stations. The food was also very good with a great variety of dishes to choose from.

CABIN- Our cabin (concierge class) was very nice, and I liked the interactive television feature. My wife felt the room was too small and the drawer space didn't meet our needs. I thought the bed was very comfortable and More the shower was larger than most on other ships.

ACTIVITIES-We enjoyed the trivia and sudoku competition, however there was only 1 mah jongg set on the ship and it was never to be found. My wife received spa services(massage and hot rocks), and she said that it was the best treatment she has had on any ship. I went to the gym daily, and it had all new equipment and plenty of space. There is also a jogging track above the gym. It was fine in the morning, however in the afternoon it is not usable due to the lounge chairs that are moved onto the track and people just standing on the track. The casino had a variety of games and I liked the no smoking feature.

PORTS-We used private tours for each port and hooked up with cruise critic members to join us for the excursions. Without going into detail, we hit the major highlights in Israel, Capri, and Palermo. In Mykonos, we walked into town and hung out for a few hours. In my opinion, Mykonos was a wasted stop.

DISEMBARKATION-took only about 5 minutes. Rome cabs was there on time for our trip to the airport.

Also we met many cruise critic members and enjoyed their company. I want to thank Al & Donna, Mel & Sharon, Jack & Shelley, and Fran & Scott for making the cruise most memorable. Less

Read more Celebrity Silhouette cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Silhouette Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Silhouette Concierge Class Panorama Deck (9) 9245

clean room, comfortable bed, interactive television, lacks drawer space, good location.