Boudicca Cruise Review by Senior Canadian: Baltic Adventure

Baltic Adventure

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Baltic Sea
Embarkation: Newcastle (England)

I have just returned from my first Fred Olsen cruise aboard the Boudicca and have to say that it was a very enjoyable experience.

My requests for wheelchair assistance when needed were met; the cabin was very comfortable and spacious for one person; food was excellent with dining room service to match although if you were not quite finished eating and taking a break, you had to tell the waiter or your plate would be whisked away. There seemed to be coffee & tea available 24 hrs a day at no extra charge with snacks in the morning & afternoon tea with goodies every afternoon.

My first experience being on a English speaking ship & being told that I had an "accent", a Canadian amongst about 900 Brits!

I appreciated receiving "Your Cruise Log" a great souvenir of the trip.

The land tours that I took were well organized and met the qualifications outlined in the brochures re physical ability required to do them. All in all I would recommend this cruise to More the older traveller with some disability who wants to travel with like people and feel very much at home.

Plenty of comfortable sitting areas for reading; chatting; napping or pursuing your favourite handicrafts; varied lectures; evening variety entertainment and several lounges for pre or after dinner drinks. My favourite was the Observatory Lounge & my favourite waiter, Jennifer who made sure that I safely reached my seat on rough sea days. The Captain reminded everyone to use the hand rails for safety but there were no hand rails from the elevator to the front of the lounge where I liked to sit so Jennifer was there for me & saw me safely to the elevator when I was ready to return to my cabin. Less

Read more Boudicca cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Boudicca Review >>

Their coffee is terrible but wheel chair assistance is excellent once they were notified that a wheelchair was required to proceed from the port building to the ship on embarkation. Their customs & immigration people were very nice but came as a surprise to me when I disembarked. I didn't realize that because I wasn't from the UK, I had to be processed differently. They actually come aboard the ship & escort you off the ship to their port office where you fill out the necessary forms & then you are free to pick up your luggage & depart the terminal. There were plenty of taxis available so there is not a long wait for service to the city or airport.