Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by rmaximus: Western Caribbean with Norwegian

Value for Money

Western Caribbean with Norwegian

Sail Date: September 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

Norwegian Spirit is a old junky boat that needs retired. Norwegian focuses to much on their many restaurants instead of their buffet and dining rooms. They have the same menu each night with no variety. I suppose this is to get more money out of us thinking that we will eat at the restaurants instead of the dining rooms.

The bathroom in my room smelled like sewer at which they never did resolve the issue by cleaning it or putting me in another room.

The entertainment was horrific. The comedians and entertainers each night were awful nothing like carnival or royal caribbean's entertainment. each night I chose to chill in the hot tub or sit on my balcony rather to endure bad entertainment.

The ports other than Roatan are great. My advice is that if you are going to the Western Caribbean roll with Carnival or Royal Caribbean. Norwegian charged more at which I figured I was getting something nice and instead I felt ripped off. I will never cruise with Norwegian More again. Less

Published 10/28/11

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: BA Mid-Ship Balcony

Read All Mid-Ship Balcony (BA) Reviews >>

I went cave tubbing at this port and it was awesome. got to jump off a large rock. Weather was perfect. Belize City is really poor. Many drug dealers and high crime area. Shopping was fun because everything was cheap.

This port was great. I enjoyed sitting by the beach in town and drinking tequila and corona's all day as I was tanning. Massage's are very well priced along with everything else. Small Mexican Village which was damaged real bad from Hurricane Dean and once you see the port you can see that they are still rebuilding.
Read 1208 Costa Maya Reviews

Great experience. Beautiful beach with crystal clear water.

Isla Roatan Honduras is a cess pool. The island is polluted and very poor. Trash is all over the ocean at this port where the locals liter in the ocean. Other than Jamaica this is by far the worst port I have ever been to. The beach have sand fleas which ate me and my wife up. I could not relax on the beach without people walking up to me trying to sell me cheap junk. Avoid this port at all costs.
Read 1949 Roatan Reviews

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Have you taken a cruise before?
Thank you!