Carnival Valor Cruise Review by MissyMel81

Member Name: MissyMel81
Cruise Date: October 2011
Cabin Category: 8F

Carnival Valor Oct. 2nd, 2011 to Oct 9, 2011
Ok, so I am not the most experienced of cruisers, but I have been on 2 Royal Carribean and 1 Celebrity (EXCEPTIONAL IN EVERY WAY), My siblings wanted to do a little family cruise thing (they are 1st time cruisers) and chose the Carnival Valor.

This was my first time cruising Carnival, so I didn't really know what to expect. WOW did I have the whole thing wrong in my head lol.

First Impression:

As the Cab pulled up to the port at Miami, I saw the ship and said, ok... It's nice.

We got onto the ship at around 1pm, the rooms weren't ready so they sent us to Rosie's to eat, it was like I was waiting on the lunch line in the high school cafeteria, and the food was exactly that, cafeteria food... I see other reviews on how the food was good, and it makes me say... where on EARTH do you eat everynight? lol I mean the food was really I guess "iffy", like you weren't sure "IF" you would get sick if you ate it LOL. We waited on line for 45 minutes for food, I swear to all that is holy, 45 minutes. I wouldn't have accepted that quality of food from a local mcdonalds after a 2 minute wait, let alone a 45 min wait.

We tried a little of everything, and eventually gave up, and went to the room.

The ROOM:

It was a standard Balcony room, not too small, not really big enough for the 3 of us, but they definitely tried to accomodate us... Bathroom you ask? SMELLED LIKE PISS, and not to mention the black flakes sitting at the bottom of the toilet and a ring of brown in it. We all looked at eachother and said " GAG, how are we going to even use this bathroom let alone shower in it?" TO move on from this, the bathroom had to be cleaned 4 times before the smell was gone.

Several times our bathroom would just FLOOD while we showered.

THE FOOD:

Horrible, and the Washington DR wasn't much better, I mean it was not good at all, but compared to room service and the buffets all day, we couldn't WAIT to get to dinner at night to actually EAT. The steak was always over cooked, the salads under dressed, and everything needed SERIOUS flavor... I was putting salt and pepper on EVERYTHING.

There was an incident where my brother and sister ordered the same salad from room service, about 45 mins later they were so sick! my brother was worse he was puking and had to be seen by the cruise doctors and my sister was just moaning and groaning all night... I didn't eat the salad so I was fine, but we spent the ENTIRE evening in the room watching TV, no bueno.

The ENTERTAINMENT: ... WHERE? there was entertainment?... we were SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BORED the entire time.

The shows were ridiculous(not in a good way) we tried a few, and walked out after 5 minutes, the comedians were OK, but if you saw them ONE time, you couldn't go again b/c you'd have to sit through the same act.

The CLUB- we are 23, 21 and 30 and it was just ODD, and never got jumping until after 1am, and by jumping I mean 4 people.

The POOL and SPA areas:

The pool was always packed with kids spitting and jumping and peeing,there was an incident where a toddler had defecated all over the deck and into the pool and hot tub, there were kids ALWAYS in the hot tubs, noone supervising them... you really COULD NOT EVER RELAX, spa deck chairs were always taken, people would just throw towels on the chairs and leave for HOURS upon HOURS. Waterslide had NO pressure, you had to PUSH yourself down lol. The entertainment at the pool was scarce... I was there DAILY and nothing... maybe 2 times they did something during the day.

PORTS: YAY! the ports were awesome! FINALLY SOMETHING TO BE HAPPY ABOUT! I loved GETTING OFF THE SHIP! LOL... That's the sad part, the only fun I had was when we got off... so out of 8 days MAYBE 32 hours were fun.

Cayman was BEAUTIFUL, but it POURED rain all day.

HONDURAS - OH MY GOD un real! had the time of my life there.

Belize- Honestly EW...

Mexico- was OK, we ended up snorkeling in SCUBA waters... I mean who snorkels in 50 feet of water? WE DO! lol- we were all drowining in our life jackets that only had ONE strap that worked and our goggles were leaking, but I HAD SO MUCH FUN JUST NOT BEING ON THE SHIP!

STAFF: RUDE, RUDE, RUDE... We had assigned people... really? where? I never met anyone I tipped other than my waiter, which changed a lot b/c we had the open seating.

Over all I rate this cruise a 1... lol It was horrible... I literally couldn't WAIT to go home... Did I complain to Carnival, YES, did they do anything NOPE.

Publication Date: 10/27/11