Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by MissScarlett: Confiscated item? - Really?

MissScarlett
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Confiscated item? - Really?

Sail Date: October 2011

We just returned from our cruise - (glad last week and not this week-Hurricane Rina) I had many items that they did not care about but took my small fan. I have to sleep with fan. I took on last cruise 2008 on the Liberty OTS with no problem. They said that most electric items are not allowed. Wow - they took fan and left my flat iron for my hair.

After all that to get my bag back - we journeyed on.
The items I miss is the music piped in through speakers - since no fan - we put the TV on the guide channel which had music and covered the lighted TV up with couple towels to get the music. (forgot Ipod)

I had read a lot of negative reviews regarding the size of the Oasis class ships and found that you cant always believe what you read. The main times you felt the crowd from close to 6k people were port days and dinner/show/parade times- elevators were the worst. The on screen thermometer for the food venues are not real reliable either. We went the the More Windjammer 4 times and always found a seat right away. Johnny Rockets for breakfast was awesome. We don't do the extra cost food venues - we pay enough to be on the cruise. You can get a angus sirloin steak or pasta every night in the Opus dining room - we went each night. Ordered 2 starters and 2 entrees many times. You order it, they will bring it. Yummmm!!!!

It did rain a lot - I guess due to the tropics - and we had 65 mph windspeed - boat was rocking pretty good that night - other boat(celebrity millenium) had to go around the winds - they were docked beside us at Cozumel. Guess smaller ships can't handle it. :(

Overall - we had a great time - the shows were awesome - Hairspray/ Come fly with me and the Frozen in time were the best. I thought the comedy show was terrible.

The only problem with I guess all the ships is they tend to schedule fun things too close or same time as late dinner time or other show times and makes you choose one or the other. We chose the comedy show over the Quest game - I am sorry I didn't get up and leave the comedy show and go back to the Quest.

Shore excursions - we had the two main ports and both times the last excursion was cancelled and we were not told - make sure you keep the ships time always. We luckily were able to catch the Celebrity's excursion schedule in Cozumel.

Richard Spacey - cruise director is hilarious. Not bad on the eye either :) Have to see him as the Indian (village people) during the 70's dance party.

We had deck 6 (same as boardwalk)made it easy to get to most things - just the solarium and opal theatre were at the other end. They did finally make it where you can walk thru the casino (left side-no smoking area) instead of having to go up and over to get to the theatre.

Now that we have done the largest ship - for the amenities we actually use - would probably go back to the Freedom class of ships. The Liberty was awesome as well.
Hope this helps a little. Good to see and experience once - but not something I need to do again. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Oasis of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Oasis of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 6632

Cabin 6632 - this ship did not have enough drawer space like older ships - did have plenty of hangers in the closet. Deck 6 is great - same as the boardwalk and mid ship is good since can get to lots of things quickly - just take right or left.