Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by deelastcre

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by deelastcre
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: deelastcre
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Barcelona
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: FS
See More About: Liberty of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Western Med
Most of my friends were first time cruisers or the first timers to Europe. The upgrade to Business Elite Class added a positive note to the flight to Barcelona. Tamara at Hilton Barcelona Diagonal Mar arranged an easy transport to the hotel at a great rate. I upgraded to Concierge Level. The views and the quiet rooms were ideal after a long flight. The rooms were modern, clean, and comfortable. The Concierge Lounge was a popular hang out for English Speaking Cruisers to enjoy the unlimited drinks and Tapas. The hotel is not downtown, but a reasonable taxi fare will take you into the city. Public transportation is also conveniently located near the hotel.

Our embarkment was easy. We were met by a brand new agent with a big smile, but not quite skilled in checking in suite guests. Her zeal for her new job compensated for me having to remind her what she needed to get me on the ship. Liberty was in great condition and all of the crew seemed eager to please. The Windjammer lunch was just okay. Most of the meals onboard wasn't very good. I tried room service that was of poor quality, as well. Our waiters Michael and Daniel provided great service. Our suite was spacious and clean. Demery kept us supplied with towels, ice,etc. The large balcony with two large loungers and a table with chairs was not utilized much because of the soot. I did enjoy a glass of champagne or hanging out there at least one hour per day.

The shows onboard were excellent. I did not attend the shows that did not require a previous reservation.

There was an activity for everyone's interest. Since I had excursions scheduled each day, I didn't try to

do every activity on the Compass. I did enjoy each evening in the Concierge Lounge. Francois and his staff provided excellent service with a high level of professionalism. Damesha makes the best drinks on the ship.

We chose RCCL Excursions and was pleased with all of them. We had a few problems with the language in the small towns in Provence. We did Sanary and Cosstellett, Monte Carlo and Monaco, Florence and Pisa, Best of Rome, and Pompeii. We had excellent guides and great experiences on the Best of Rome and Pompeii Excursions. The lunch in in Rome was great.

We were off the ship on Saturday and took a taxi to the hotel. Barcelona Day Tours picked us up for a half day tour. Francis was an excellent tour guide who was knowledgeable of the architecture and Guadi influence in Barcelona. When you book the tour, pay in full in advance and request tickets for LaSagrada Familia. The guide did not have change. We had 10 on the tour, so we had to pay all balances in Euros.

All in All, this was a great taste of The Med. The only drawback was the quality of the food on the ship. I did order a Filet from Chops Grill one night. It was quite tasty.

Publication Date: 10/27/11