Carnival Dream Cruise Review by KCMmomma11: Wonderful time on the dream

KCMmomma11
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful time on the dream

Sail Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was a "dream" vacation. We booked a Cloud 9 spa stateroom and LOVED it. The room was comfortable, clean and just right for a couple. The spa access was fantastic and we loved the VIP access to the spa amenities.

The ship was wonderful and the staff was always very accommodating. Our room steward, Mario, was very very nice and always had a smile on his face. Anthony was our waiter in the dining room. He was fantastic. He could tell a joke with the best of them and made sure our dining experience was excellent. We did the late dining which suited us well since we didn't have to worry about feeding kids.

I cannot say enough about the spa staff. Charmaine, in particular, was amazing. She and I spent quite a bit of time together doing the ionithermie treatments. Ladies, if you have the time and the money, do this treatment. Not only I lose quite a bit a few inches, but I had a great time chatting with Charmaine. Hubby had a few massages and always came out feeling More great. The spa staff was just wonderful. I hope to do a dream cruise again just to spend time in the spa!

The ports of call were great. We only did one shore excursion. The Mayan ruins at Tulum are a sight that cannot be missed. Manuel, our guide, was extremely knowledgeable and clearly, he loved his job. We stayed on the ship in Belize for a spa day and did shopping - and drinking - in Roatan and Costa Maya.

The shows and entertainment on board were fantastic. We went to the dance show the first 3 nights. Just amazing performances. The singing and dancing was just incredible. The comedy shows were well worth the trip. We did not stop laughing - even during the racist heckler the last night of the cruise. W did the adults only scavenger hunt - hysterical. The gender game was a riot and the game of love had us rolling in the aisles. Butch and the rest of the entertainment crew really know what they are doing.

Overall, I would highly recommend this cruise to anyone considering it. Hubby and I had a great time celebrating our 5 year anniversary and spending QT just the 2 of us. We met a great couple who we will be keeping in touch with and had a wonderful week about the dream. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Interior Panorama 11233

Great location, well worth the extra money for the spa access, very quiet and relaxing.