Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by doll64: The Allure is fantastic

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Allure of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

The Allure is fantastic

Sail Date: October 2011

My husband and I were on the October 9th sailing. Embarkation was extremely smooth. We arrived at the pier shortly after 11a.m. After getting our said pass we did have to wait for a short time in the terminal because the ship had come in late and passengers were still leaving. They did make your wait enjoyable. We did bring our own soda and the only issue was that security had to check the cans to make sure that we were not bringing any alcohol. When we walked on the ship I went OMG it was fabulous. We went to the Windjammer to have lunch it was somewhat crowded as we expected, but we went to find a table before geting our food then we took turns. The staff was right on top of things and tables were cleared and cleaned as soon as the people left.

We then went to our cabin and found that my daughters and grandson had ordered the Birthday Package since it was my birthday. Let me just say that the flower cake was beautiful and was still fresh on the last day. Too bad I More couldn't take it off the ship. If you are on Deck 10 forward and have Elvis as your room steward you will not be disappointed. He was absolutely great. We had towel animals every night except the first night. One evening he made double swans in a heart and they had rose petals sprinkled on them. Yes, we had small bottled of shampoo, conditioner and lotion in our bathroom. We then went to explore the ship. Eventhough the ship sailed full we never felt crowded. We never had a problem getting on an elevator.

We did eat at Chops on my birthday. The Filet Mignon was definitely worth the extra money. We ate breakfast almost every morning in the Windjammer and had no complaints. We ate breakfast one morning in the Main Dining Room, but preferred the buffet in the Windjammer. Also we had no complaints about the coffee and the orange juice was good. Never had a need to pay for the fresh squeezed. We ate dinner almost every night in the Main Dining Room and the food was very good (better than our last cruise on Carnival).

We booked excursions and shows on line before the cruise. We were not disappointed with any of the excursions. Falmouth isn't quite finished yet, but what was done was very nice. In Cozumel we did the Cozumel Highlights and Shopping and loved it. Miguel "Mike" was our guide and he was fabulous.

I have a Maltese and when we went to the Casino we found slot machines with the game "Maltese Fortune."

Oceaneria was great. We also went to the Comedy Club (not to be missed), Blue Planet and the Ice Show. There is so much to do and see on this ship that if you are bored it is your own fault.

The ocean was rough on Friday evening and Saturday and the ship did rock. Saturday it was so windy that they closed Deck 16.

My DH and I would definitely sail on the Allure again. We have cruised Disney 7 times and Carnival twice but loved the Allure best.

Oh,almost forgot. We did go the the Meet and Mingle and my husband won a coveted Royal Caribbean key ring and a baseball cap. Do sign up and go. Less

Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>

Cabin review: Allure of the Seas Superior Oceanview Stateroom with Balcony Deck 6 10560

Bed was by the balcony and had plenty of room. Closet space was great. Bathroom was small and shower was very small.