Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by commspec1

Dining 5+
Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ready to go again
We left Louisville, Ky on Friday evening a rode a bus to Miami, next time will fly.

My youngest sister is on oxygen and didnt need much coaxing to join my other 2 sisters and I. She didnt incur any problems and getting there was a breeze although it is a long ride. We made a few stops but arrived in Miami Saturday morning around 11 am.

I was roomed with a woman I had met just before the cruise her name was Tish and she was too funny. We got along real well.

We were on the ship and no time. We went to the Lido deck to get a bite to eat since our rooms were not ready.

I was paged several times and could not get through so after they said it was an emergency, I just went down to guest services and they wanted to know if I had my C-Pap machine or needed an extension cord, now thats what I call service. But I decided not to pack it with me because I had enough luggage to haul. I slept well without it.

We got underway around 5 or 6 due to some unknown problems, that didnt hamper our anticipation. My older sister cruised on the Carnival Fanscination a couple of years ago and I cruised on the NCL Sky last year. I was sort of doing a comparison as my husband and I are planning on a cruise in 2012. Both have some good points .

I prefer NCL's anytime dining as opposed to Carnival's waitlist. My S%S card had me for late seating which was 600 to 800 pm, my sisters had waitlisted which was 545 to 8. I had to talk to the Maitre d to have my time changed and it was no problem.

The ship is very large, I got lost about 3 times. I laugh because my sister sat in the atrium on the 3rd floor and if you are not on the right end of the ship, the sign says 3rd fl lobby but if you look around all you see is steps and elevators. The sign should instruct you to go up to the 4th or 5th floor and come back down to the 3rd.

We went to Half Cay Moon, St Thomas, San Juan and Grand Turk. I have respiratory problems and my sister who is on oxygen got off that gang plank in St Thomas and went back on the ship right away it was too hot, this Being October I didnt think it would be so hot in the morning. We sat in the atrium, took pictures and people watched, which I love to do. My 2 sister got off in every port and did the shopping for us as we all have bascially the same taste.

The interior rooms are very large compared to other people's reviews, as I said before everyone has to make thier own assestment.

The casino was tight but nice. The shows were hilarious and the cruise directoe Kirk was great. We saw him in the hallway and asked if we were having a good time? I never saw the CC on the Sky.

We ate breakfast in the Olympian Dining room and the food was good. The waiters were very attentive and kept our coffee cups filled. My roommate was late arriving and her food arrived just shortly after ours. We had dinner in the Golden dining room 4 nights. The first night our server acted like he would rather be somewhere else. I had to ask for water and tea. He didn't even ask my sisters if they wanted something to drink. I think he was insulted that we didnt want a bottle of wine or overpriced water. We went back the second night and since my sister was in a wheelchair we got better seating and service. Our waiter Eduardo was great, he and his waitstaff kept us laughing. He really showed that he liked his job. He remembered what we drunk and he recommended dishes to us. Thursday was my sister's birthday and she was tired so she was going to the restroom then up to her room, Eduardo asked where did she go and was she going back, we told him no the next thing we knew he had caught up to her and asked her to come back and he was going to sing happy birthday to her. The next night the put on a little show and one sister got a lap dance the other got serranaded. The food was also very good.

Only thing I can said bad about the ship was I was so glad I was on the 7th floor instead on the first, it stunk to high heaven imagine smelling sewage and vomit.

We hated to see Friday night come and knew the next day we were headed back to reality. My sisters and I really enjoyed the cruise.

Embarkment went fairly easy.

Publication Date: 10/24/11