Pacific Jewel 5

“First time cruiser and thoroghly enjoyed it.”
Cruise review of P&O Australia Pacific Jewel

peterd647
Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

This was my first cruise but I really enjoyed it. I guess these things are what you make of them and my partner and I are very social people, so we chatted to most people and got to know as many people as possible. We also tried to do as many of the activities as we could squeeze in so aways seemed to be running from one thing to the next.
The staff were wonderful Cruise Director David Pepper was great, as were the entertainment staff - Pee-Wee, Anthony, Karen and the others.
The shows were brilliant!! Girt by Sea was an Australiana show which I thought would be cheesy, but it was so well done. The main singers were Charlotte Fortune and Neil James. Both wonderful and nice people to talk to socially.
My favourite would be the Mentalist show by Phoenix. I saw his first show and it was so good I saw the same show repeated again. His memory is amazing and the way he can read people's minds is mind blowing. Highly recommended. He also was social with the passengers and he did More some close up tricks for my partner and I and I'm still baffled how he does them!
Loree from LA was a pianist/singer playing every night. Also brilliant.
Food wise, Salt was lovely ($40 surcharge) but absolutely loved La Luna ($20 surcharge). The duck was amazing! The buffet one was okay. Went there mostly because it was easy. Get ready to put on weight!
The night club was fun too. My only criticism was they closed down whenever the crowd dies down. I believe they should still stay open until a set time if there are still people that want to party there.
Had fun in the casino, but the bar would shut before the casino did so you had to run up to the nightclub to get drinks. Very bizarre.

First port was actually Airlie Beach but it's not listed here. First time I've ever been there. We just relaxed near this big public pool near the beach. Perfect day. Beautiful

But overall, excellent. Less

Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review:

AB11143
Excellent location. Bit tired inside, but great size.

(Yorkeys Knob) Both had been to Cairns before, so we met some friends who live there at the Yacht Club and had lunch and beers.
Read 68 Cairns Reviews

Published 10/24/11

Read Cruise Critic's Pacific Jewel Review

Pacific Jewel Cruises to Australia & New Zealand

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?