Carnival Pride Cruise Review by SiriusStar: Carnival Pride - 10/16/11 -> 10/23/2011

SiriusStar
Member Since 2011

Family & Children 5.5

Compare Prices on Carnival Pride Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Pride - 10/16/11 -> 10/23/2011

Sail Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Baltimore

Cabin Stewart's were around but not when needed. Last night none of our three rooms received tip envelopes or luggage tags. There were a few times of need for assistance and again no one was around. I was actually tempted to have customer service adjust out gratuities.

Dining Room experience was awesome. We dined at table #293. Our waiting staff was awesome. We constantly saw them on deck and every time we were greeted by name and continued conversation. Our dining room staff consisted of I Made, Kusuma and Nemesio. Dining with three children in our group makes eating any where an experience. I Made interacted with the kids very well.

Activities Taken Part in:
Behind the Scenes Tour- I took this tour with my Dad. This was a great tour and I would take it again. The only thing I would have liked was that this tour be given earlier in the cruise. It was on the last day at sea. It did not give much time to really express appreciation for what we saw. It would also had More been nice to be able to take pictures in areas that were not security risk areas.
Park West Art Auctions- This is not the first time participating at an on sea auction. The event was very well scripted with little deviation. I personally marked 7 different pieces that never came across the auction block. Time with other family events prevented me from experiencing any of the other auctions.
Galley Tour - Quick stroll through the Galley. Pictures were allowed here.
Camp Carnival- Our Daughters of 11 and 7 and niece of 4 all participated in camp carnival. They enjoyed it very much. Our daughters have been in camp carnival before and first time for our niece. The counselors were very understanding when it came to certain things.
Pools- The pools were nice and our kids enjoyed the use during our port day at Canaveral. The slide seemed to be closed during good weather for "Extreme Chlorination" and open during windy conditions. Less

Read more Carnival Pride cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Pride Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Pride Balcony Panorama 8111

Cabin 8111 Starboard Side located 4 doors away from Bridge Access. Cabin was located across from an HVAC closet. HVAC proximity made for a louder air flow. Was great for temperature control as I am a person that likes to be in chilled environment.

The only thing that was nice about this island was the weather. There was a nice little area of local vendors.
Read 775 Freeport Reviews

We have been at this port many times before and is not one of our favorites. It is a good place to bargain shop.
Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

This port of call would not be on my top 50 places to visit on a cruise, unless you were going to visit Disney/Universal. It was nice to be on the ship while other cruisers were gone on excursions.