Disney Dream Cruise Review by monobrow1: Disney Dream May 2011
Overall Member Rating
Disney Dream May 2011
Went with wife 47, son 19, and grandson 10
4 night left Cape Canaveral Sunday May 15th
Awesome is really the only word I can say!
Do not listen to sour pussy's complaining about food, crowds, etc
No dude - had a Gnarly time Dude- righteous as Crush would say
1. Take Disney Transportation- seamless and easy- ok it cost us $270 RT but was worth it big time- your bags go from departing airport to ship seamless.
2. Check into Ship at Airport( Disney has a counter where you do this) and you will get an earlier number for getting on ship- we arrived into MCO Orlando at 830Am ,checked in at airport level #1 by rental cars Terminal B - have either passport or birth certs with drivers liscence.
One unlucky Chap did not have proper ID no passport of Birth Cert-not sure if he got on Dream
3. Arrived at the Cape at 10:45 am-already had boarding card so just needed to do Kids club sign up- I belived we boarded at 12:45PM possibly 12:30Pm- More was fun as they announce the Kramer Family as we walked into the Lobby
4. Packed our swim suits in our carry ons so we went to bathrooms by AquaDuck on deck 12 and changed and did the AquaDuck 4-5 times- was an crazy fun ride- faster than you think it rocks
5. The Went to Enchanted Gardens for lunch- was a buffet on deck #2 and was awesome- Crab legs , shrimp , etc The food on the Dream is excellent
6. Palo- First Night was a crazy as this was the only nite we could do Palo so the kids got room service while we did Palo at 7PM- Our assigned dinner time was 8:15Pm and they did not want to wait- Room Service was crazy fast- ordered a burger and Mac and Cheese and it took 10 minutes . Palo wow Watched the Sun go down while dining on great food- the antipasto made at table side rocked- My filet medium excellent- My wife's was overdone- if you like medium order med rare- dessert -choc souffle was unreal- bought the 3 night wine package which was cheaper than buying individual wines each night- bottle follows you to your next nites dining if you do not finish the nite-Our waitress from Australia was great- lots of Aussie servers on the ship
Shows- Golden Mickeys, Villians Tonight, Ventriloquist-Lynn, and Believe were simply amazing- Disnery makes you laugh, and cry but at the end we all believe in the magic of the Disney. Dont Miss any of them!
Monday- Nassau- we stayed on ship hung at at pool deck 12 overlooking pools- no problem finding a chaise- there is a huge screen that plays movies on day and nite at the pool-
Lunch/Breakfast was great either Cabannas buffet or Royal Palace
Kids club was nice and the manager
actually gave us a tour- cant say enough about how
accomodating the cast was on Castaway Cay also there is an area on Cay where our Grandson was shooting basketball playing pool and table tennis;the Cast Member in charge was awesome there and spent lot ot time with him.
Castaway Cay is huge so no worries on chairs ; it is real hot so its is real nice to sit under a tree or an umbrella and just relax
The Aqua Duck is a must do; advice carry on a suit when you arrive on board change in bathroom by Aqua Duck and you will be able to beat the crowds as most popole are checking into their cabins We did it about 10 times also during the Pirates show is also a good time and its real cool to do at night
Food- no compliants- Cabanas Buffet was very clean- dont go to the first station but continue as there are multiple buffet lines you can enter- was imprersses by trheir selection of fish and seafood at lunch time
Kids can get drinks anytime by the pool for free
We did Palo and had an unreal view of the sunset;bought a wine package; I believe it was 3 bottles for $90 or less . The antipasto is made at your table and is a treat- do not miss - I worn a tie no coat and was fine
My filet was perfect; Mickey's(DW) little overcooked Dessert unreal
Advise do not buy a glass of wine at the bar by Remy and Palo they charge more than the other bars on board and its the same wine- The outside patio which is aft at the top of ship is awesome but you pay for it
Our waiters were great- they follow you the whole cruise -did card tricks; spun pennies in the air, balanced two forks on a wine bottle, and really catered to our son and Grandson- they knew their names also-nice touch
Enchanted gardens had a nice show with Crush - A group from TaxSlayer.com sat next to us!
Royal Palace is the nicest dining room- Nicely decorated with Princess portraits on the walls
The Quiet pool is nice for adults: the Rum Runner with dark rum on top love it . The drink of the day is $5.95 of close to that
So Relax no worries; If you love Disney like we do you will have the the time of your life
Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>
Cabin review: 5E5650
Huge Balcony and room was very quiet; at the end of a small hall which was nice
Definitely Not What I Expected...
Loved the Victory!
Relaxing and Convenient
Traveling with 6, 5 & 2 year o...
Hard to think of constructive ...
Brunch at Palo is an absolutel...