Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by Cultuslakenurse: Great experience for a first time cruiser

Cultuslakenurse
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Millennium Western Caribbean Cruises

Great experience for a first time cruiser

Sail Date: October 2011

This was my first cruise. I was not sure what to expect. I enjoyed my trip.
Embarkation was a breeze, very organized, and the staff was very helpful.
On arriving on the ship I think I somehow missed going with a group to tour the ship or just meeting with people. I felt a bit lost.
When the announcement came to go to our staterooms I found mine easily. It was a lovely size and I loved the balcony. There were lots of amenities. The steward, Luciano was very attentive. The turn down service was great..love those little chocolates.
The first night out was rather rough, I went on a Aqua Spa tour and booked a facial...afterwards I attended the opening night entertainment. I was on celebrity select dining, so went to the dining room. I was asked if I wanted to be seated with others but I said no.
The second day was at sea and I was able to find my way around the ship. It was formal night but because I had not yet made any friends on the ship I did not go...
The More ship stopped in Falmouth Jamaica, and Georgetown, Grand Cayman..reviews below.
The fifth day was at sea and I was finally starting to relax! I went to the pool and wandered the various decks again. At night I sat out till the small hours on my balcony savouring the warm tropical breezes.
I attended 2 other shows..Kimko, a fabulous duo-music and comedy...it was great. My favourite was the other show Boogie Wonderland. The dance troupe was fantastic!! It was the best part of my cruise experience. Both the cruise director, Rich and the Activities director were very enthusiastic!
The food was good..as it was Canadian Thanksgiving while we were sailing I was able to find turkey at the buffet. I ate at the dining room and the buffet. I felt a bit ignored in the dining room as I was alone, but the food was good.
The internet was not so good, very slow and very expensive, so I didn't use it much.
All in all I enjoyed my first cruise! Less

Read more Celebrity Millennium cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Millennium Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Millennium Concierge Class Vista Deck (7) 9099

My cabin 9099, was in a great location, not far from the elevators. It was quiet, I did not hear any noise from either side. The balcony was great. The bathroom was small but adequate. The closet and cupboard space was adequate. There were enough plugins for the computer and camera battery. The curtains kept the light out. It was nice to have a lot of mirrors. The bed was comfortable. My only complaint was that I could not turn the A/C off. I could turn it low but it still remained cool. Over all this was a great cabin!

I enjoyed Falmouth Jamaica. I went on a walking tour of the town with a very knowledgable woman named Simone. I learned alot about Jamaica. It is not a big town, it was very hot and we stopped to cool off in the church. Falmouth has a huge new port area that is enclosed behind gates. There are many vendors within the area. They were all very nice, welcoming and enjoyed talking about their crafts. I was able to buy a small painting that the artist did while I was there. I wandered over to Immigration and got my passport stamped. I enjoyed what I saw of Jamaica and its people-next time I would go a bit further afield.
Read 471 Falmouth Reviews