Disney Dream Cruise Review by elle2495: 1st Time Disney Cruisers

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

Day Before:

Embarkation: I didn't know what to expect and was actually planning for the worst. However, I was pleasantly surprised. We arrived at the port around noon. Disney truly has organization down pat. A porter whisked our bags away and we began our journey. The security line went smoothly as did the check in lines once we arrived in the terminal. There were lines for pictures with Minnie but everyone seemed to be patient and happy. I really can't tell you much more about the Terminal because we spent all of 15-20 minutes there. Our boarding numbers had already been called so we were able to board the ship immediately. The line for the Bon Voyage pictures seemed to be a bit long, but we bypassed the pictures and boarded right away. No complaints on Embarkation.

We met up with my sister and her family in Cabanas where there seemed to be ample seating inside and outside. The buffet lunch was great...fresh shrimp, salads, etc. By the time we finished our More lunch it was 1:30 and our rooms were ready. We made our way to our cabins and lo and behold our suitcases had already arrived too! That was totally unexpected.

CABINS: Believe every GOOD thing you hear about cabins on the Disney Dream...the cabins are TOP NOTCH! We had a Deluxe Veranda Room and it was awesome. Our cabin steward, Astawa, was AWESOME! The room had a large, comfortable Queen bed, pull out sofa and bunk. There was AMPLE storage under the bed for suitcases, as well as closet and drawer space. One of the best parts was the split bathroom! The first bathroom had the sink and toilet while the second one had a sink and tub/shower combo! LOVED the cabin!

FOOD: This was our first time on a Disney Cruise and I wasn't sure what to expect with the rotational dining. The food was good and sometimes it was down right outstanding. Our first night was Royal Palace and the food was good...a great selection of items for everyone. Our server, Krista and Asst Server, Marco were fabulous. They were very attentive and knew our drink preferences and names by the second night. Our second night was Animator's Palette. I LOVED the food at this one. I had the Cod and it was fabulous. There was a dinner show with Crush from Finding Nemo that the kids adored. We ate at Palo on the third night and it was FABULOUS--the $20/person extra charge was worth it! Josi was our waitress and she knew our names before we even sat down and ensured we had everything we wanted. If you can swing it, I would recommend trying Palo, the 18 and over restaurant. We also went there the next day for Brunch another winner. The fresh seafood buffet and other options were amazing. Our final night was in the Enchanted Garden and it was really beautiful.

SHIP ACTIVITIES: My 12 year old niece said she was kicked in the head a few times by overcrowding in the pools. The Disney Detective game was a HUGE on board hit. The Adult areas were wonderful. In fact, my boyfriend said he would consider going on another Disney cruise just for the adult areas! The Quiet Cove had a pool and two hot tubs that were a great respite from the hustle and bustle of the ship. Fitness Center had ample machines and options.

CASTAWAY CAY: This was wonderful. I wish the weather wasn't so overcast, but overall it was a great day. I booked a cabana massage which was exactly what the doctor ordered. We spent the day in Serenity Bay, the adult's only beach. The barbecue served was fabulous (rotisserie chicken, mahi mahi, hamburgers, hot dogs, stuffed chicken, etc.). I could have stayed ALL DAY!!

ENTERTAINMENT: Went to see Believe and Golden Mickeys (missed the Villains). Both were good productions. The costumes, sets, and props were top of the line and much better than any other cruise. Disney truly outdid itself here. The fireworks on the Pirates In the Caribbean night were wonderful! Disney offers first run movies in their full size movie theater. I was able to see the Help on board. They were also showing Real Steel, Cars 2, Pirates of the Caribbean 3, and Winnie the Pooh. Nice touch. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 9 9046

Believe every GOOD thing you hear about cabins on the Disney Dream...the cabins are TOP NOTCH! We had a Deluxe Veranda Room and it was awesome. Our cabin steward, Astawa, was AWESOME! The room had a large, comfortable Queen bed, pull out sofa and bunk. There was AMPLE storage under thw bed for suitcases, as well as closet and drawer space. One of the best parts was the split bathroom! The first bathroom had the sink and toilet while the second one had a sink and tub/shower combo! LOVED the cabin!

Didn't plan an excursion here but did leave the ship. Went through the Straw Market which turned out to be a big flea market. My mom, niece, and I went to the public beach, Junkanoo Beach, a 15 minute walk from the dock. Bring your OWN towels or rent a thin one on the beach for $5. We thought Disney would have them on the way off the ship but didn't. Other than that, the beach was great. Very clean and in walking distance. We hit a few shops on the way back to the ship.
Read 2662 Nassau Reviews