Carnival Valor Cruise Review by NanaBell: Our Carnival Valor Cruise-2011

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Western Caribbean Cruises

Our Carnival Valor Cruise-2011

Sail Date: October 2011

We just got home from our vacation on the Valor, 2nd time aboard this ship and all I can say is what a FABULOUS SHIP! Boarding went smooth as can be, we got to the pier at 10:15 and was on the lido deck ready to party by 11:30, Our room was done with the luggage waiting for us by 1:30.

The crew is so great in every way, (we all find our favorites right?). The ship is SPOTLESS. I'm not so sure that the food is "FABULOUS" but its real good, pretty and plentifully, so if you go hungry for ANY reason it's your fault and I don't want to hear about it. The dinning room was OK, (Washington) Dinner took a long time and our wait staff was pretty somber but he did fine. We only ended up going down there 4 out of 7 times for different reasons, too full from all the other choices, long day on the island, wanted to see a show, etc...We ordered Room Service in the mornings some times because we could and it was always on time and just what we ordered. We had an inside cabin and it was fine More for us two...we turned the TV on before bed to the front cam each night and left it there through out the eve on mute, so in the A.M. we new it was sunny or rainy, we woke to the daylight as if it was a window, thanks to reading the forums!

I can only say one thing bad about the Serenity Deck and that is: Like we all know but some don't care and do it anyway, Please Please don't save the chairs for the entire day and not return for hours! That is so disrespectful! That place is AWESOME! The clam shells, the hammocks, the padded lawn chairs, the bar, the No kid zone....Oh my! My favorite place on ship. (if & when I could find a chair).

The entertainment was great! Love all the choices on board for the music (especially the live music) and the places to just sit relax and listen, dance or whatever. Shows were great, comedians were so funny.

The islands were GREAT! Grand Cayman, Tiki Beach is beautiful! Isla Roatan, Pretty! the chairs went up to $12. pp and it was funner to walk the path for us. We loved that view and took allot of pictures! Shopping is good. Belize made me sad to see all the poverty and the green waters! But there was a peace about the island and the people seemed honest and grateful for our money. We went to the restaurant/Bar called Banditos...YOU HAVE TO GO SEE THIS BAND THAT IS THERE AND HAS BEEN FOR MANY YEARS. It's a mother/son...FABULOUS! The music caught my ears from far away and I had to go see who was singing all of that and so good. I followed my ears...ha ha. We were able to chat with some of the locals and they agreed what a great band they are and how their talent is not being used to the fullest by being on the island only. My DH and I also was able to chat with the mother (Samzua) and son (Sam) and told them to call carnival and get a job on there! I loved chatting with them about their home life and their music career...I could of sat there looked out at the ocean, sang, danced partied and been just fine the whole day. food and drinks were cheap, plentiful and it was a perfect end to our island trip at Belize! Cozumel: Paradise Beach Club, was BEAUTIFUL and worth the money but do it through carnival! It was just as pricey to do it on our own! We also rented scooters, took a beach front road and really enjoyed ourselves. Cozumel "to me" is pretty, but very expensive, and I feel like they take us for granted. Not a big fan! Didn't feel the honesty & love by the locals as I did in the other islands, but would go back!

Our 2nd time on the VALOR and it's still my favorite of only 4 ships I've tried. Bought the certificate again and yes I know what my next ship WILL be "The Liberty" ...and I can't wait!

Oh and we stay at the La-Quintin Inn East in Miami it was fine for a overnight, clean, free shuttle on time, free good breakfast and great customer service once again. but nothing close by other than a yucky expensive Bennigans, (we ordered in form the font desks menus of their choice and it was good. On the way home we stayed at the Sleep Inn in Ft Lauderdale, It was fine too for a overnight! clean, kinda had a musty smell from all the rain. Free breakfast was ok, free shuttle in AM to the airport and to Port if you need it. Service was fine. There is stores and restaurants close by as well

When I woke this morning in my bed I realized, I had to get up to make my own coffee, make my own bed, make my own breakfast, get ready for work, do laundry, and as I walked around I felt lost because I couldn't find that BEAUTIFUL BLUE OCEAN PASSING BY! I guess I'm home! But not for long...Liberty here I come,,,in 2012 Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Valor Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Valor Interior Riviera

Inside Cabin, Riviera Deck, Middle of the Ship, Great location! Loved our room we try get the same one or close to it on every ship!

This Port was old and run down, People was VERY friendly and Humble. Good Prices. Although I could see the poverty there It felt Good to be there and feel the Locals love. You HAVE to go to the Bar/Restaurant BANDITOS...Awesome!

It's BEAUTIFUL! But a rip off! High prices, they like to rip us(tourist) off every chance they get! Beware! Go to Paradise Island expensive but BEAUTIFULL and worth the money for there.
Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

It's Pretty! Chairlift is not worth the money...Beach is pretty but crowded.
Read 1642 Roatan Reviews