Viking Legend Cruise Review by DKN493

Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: Amsterdam
Destination: Europe River
Cabin Category: D
See More About: Viking Legend Cruise Reviews | Europe River Cruise Reviews | Viking River Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Viking Legend Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Viking Legend Deck Plans
Best Cruise Ever
This was our second River Cruise with Viking Cruise lines and it was great. The scenery along the Rhine and Main rivers is spectacular. Castles and vineyards on the hills along the river and interesting cities and villages all along the river. The food on this cruise was also great. Our chef, Karl Heinz was super. At the buffet meals he was in the dining room directly supervising activities and at dinner he was often checking to make sure everyone was satisfied. Program Director Marek and his staff were very well organized and knew the area very well. The shore excursions were all well organized and the local guides were excellent.

I was ill for several days and as soon as I sought help the staff found me a local English speaking doctor at our next stop who was able to get me the required medicine to get me back on my feet.

River Cruising is a great way to see Europe. We visited 14 different cities or towns without having to pack or unpack once. The staterooms are larger than on most ocean cruises and although the level of luxury is not what is found on an ocean cruise the fact that there are only 150 other guests means you can actually get to know a good number of your fellow travellers.

I highly recommend river cruising and Viking River cruises in particular.

Publication Date: 10/23/11