Carnival Valor Cruise Review by conniecruiser: Dissapointed

Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Carnival Valor Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Dissapointed

Sail Date: October 2011

We arrived in Miami and wasn't real good weather but it soon cleared up. The weather was pretty good but that wasn't the problem.

The lido deck had standing water, which surprised me since I have taken 7 other Carnival cruises and had never encountered this problem. There were people slipping and falling on a regular basis. It seemed to me that maybe Carnival is cutting corners on maintenance or crews somehow that may not be to their advantage.

The first time we went to the dining room, the wait staff was not friendly, nor were we waited on in a timely manner. It seemed as if we were a bother and not supposed to engage in conversation with the staff as they seemed much too busy. I was really shocked by this because I have NEVER had a problem with the staff on any of the 7 other Carnival cruises I have taken.

We went to the Steakhouse, which was VERY good. The food was amongst the best I have had. The wait staff was totally friendly and engaged in More conversation. We truely enjoyed the whole experience of that evening.

One night we decided to see a movie and have popcorn on the lido deck. We arrived around 9:30 and I went to get some popcorn. The gentleman passing out the popcorn never looked at me and did not even grin while spewing out of his mouth "NOT TILL 10:30." So I said okay and thanks. So I proceeded back to the bar at 10:30 to get popcorn and he scorned again with "MAKE LINE!" I waited in line and of course it ran out without me getting any, so the next time I went to get popcorn he scorned again "I AM NOT MAKING ANYMORE!" Needless to say, I didn't get any popcorn that evening and was surprised by his attitude. He never smiled, didn't even look at me while I was talking to him, just a continuous scorn. Mind you, I am very jovial and nice to everyone. Always looking for conversation and that is what surprised me about the staff on this ship.....I can always find good in anyone! If this had been my first cruise with Carnival, it would have been my last as well! I have never encountered such staff that seemed so totally unhappy and unconcerned about the customers. It really bothered me and that is why I am writing this review.

My steward was VERY nice. I cannot complain about him. He was always jovial, knew our names and took very good care of our rooms. Kudos to Mr M.

This cruise really opened my eyes to cutbacks maybe??? Based on all the other cruises I have had with Carnival, I must say this was a disappointment. I will still sail with Carnival but if I come across another one like this one, I may have to change my cruise ship.

The ports were all fun. The process of getting on the ship initially was such a waste of time. Waiting in lines for a long period of time was NOT FUN! Once again first experience as well. Less

Read more Carnival Valor cruise reviews >>