Viking Sun Cruise Review by konaron: Nile River Cruise

Nile River Cruise

Sail Date: April 2010
Destination: Middle East
Embarkation: Other

I took the viking cruise on the Nile, it was very exciting, and I learned a lot of hands on information about the ancient and modern Egyptian societies. The two guides, the staff , crew and support people were top of the line.

We sailed from Luxor, to the Aswan Dam where we changed ships. From Luxor to Aswan we were on the Royal Lotus, and after traversing the Aswan Dam we were on the Prince Abaas. Both vessels were exceptionally well built, clean and comfortable, and the meals were very good. The Prince Abaas was an early 1900's ship that had once been a paddle wheeler, and looked like it was right out of the movie "Death on the Nile," by Agatha Christie. It had been modernized, but kept its external appearance including the covers for the paddle wheels.

We ended our journey at Abu Simbal where we spent most of the afternoon looking at the magnificent statues.

Luxor and Aswan were both beautiful cities, and we wish that we could have had more time to More explore them.

If I had the chance I would do this trip all over again. Less