“Not Sunny on NCL Sun”

weazie256
Member Since 2008
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
When we entered our cabin, the thermostat and phone didn't work, the day bed was sticking out and I hit my shin and no shower gel in dispenser. There was no body lotion, shower caps or other nice amenities in the room. Main door into the room kept sticking and didn't get fixed Food: Very unappetizing and in most cases tasteless in both Observation deck and dining room. Observation deck, food was unappealing and the same dishes were repeated. Dining room service was much too slow. When I asked for a shrimp cocktail, they said it was an extra charge. Excursion: Took only one from ship and they had us off the ship at 7:15 arriving an hour and a half in Stockholm before anything opened. Room Service: Selection was sparse. Order selection of mellon and got four small thin slices of cantaloupe. Urn of coffee, they brougt two creamers. Activities: Elementary. It would have been nice to have had some enrichment talks. Bars: Ordered a vodka and was given a premium which I didn't ask for so had to have them take extra charge off. Also, in Sports bar, drink was not a full shot but charge for it was. Gift shops: Quality of merchandise was not up to par and they had the nerve to discount items 50% making you thing it was a big deal when in fact the item should probably have started at the 50% off price. Asst Manager in gift shop was curt and condescending when I asked him to repeat what he said because I didn't hear him. Sanitation: The staff was very lax at getting people to use the antibacterial gel both when going into dining areas or returning to the ship. Loved itinerary, wish I had picked another cruise line. This is by far not my first cruise but it is my last with NCL.
Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Baltic Sea
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

Cabin was smaller than oceanviews on other lines. No clock in the room or other nice amenities like shower cap, body lotion, etc. Nothing special.
Published 10/21/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Sun Review
Norwegian Sun Cruises to the Baltic Sea
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?