Carnival Glory Cruise Review by rastone79

Carnival Glory
Carnival Glory
Member Name: rastone79
Cruise Date: October 2011
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 6A

Great Vacation
All things considered, we had a great cruise on the Carnival Glory. I must admit I was a bit leary about taking a Carnival cruise, but most of my fears were unfounded. The embarkation was pretty smooth - we arrived at the port about noon and I think from taxi to boarding probably took less then 45 minutes. The counter staff weren't the friendliest bunch, but then they were trying to board 3,000 people !!

We had an oceanview cabin that was no doubt the largest and nicest cabin we have had on any of our cruises. The cabin stewards were great, in fact all the ships crew seemed to really care about service.

The dining was fine, but I really wasn't overly impressed with the food. Not that the food wasn't good, it was, it was just nothing special. There were several lunches and dinners where I really didn't care for any of the selections. But you can always ask for a steak in the dining room (which I did several nights) and since when can you go wrong having a steak? Also, there are several options for lunch other then the main service on the Lido such as the deli, stirfry, or fish and chips. It's not a problem to find something to eat.

My one real disappointment were the activities which I found lacking. There didn't seem to be alot going on at times and some of the shows were less then spectacular. For example one of the shows was a comic who had shows several nights, but the shows were the same each night and it wasn't that funny the first time, let alone the second. Also, there was a photographer around every corner the entire 7 days - enough already.

Overall though, it was a great cruise, great ports of call and a great experience. I would certainly cruise with Carnival again.

Publication Date: 10/21/11