Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by isiscruiser

Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Exceeded my expectations
At first, I was a little hesitant to book this cruise based on some of the bad reviews I read here. But I was throughly impressed with this ship.

Embarkment was smooth, and it didn't take as long as they said for our rooms to be ready or our luggage to be delivered. The rooms were fine, it was myself and my BF and there was plenty of room for the two of us. The bathroom was small but it served it's purpose. I read several bad reviews regarding the food on this ship, but let me tell you...it was great! I'm a very picky water and I didn't get a meal on this ship that didn't satisfy. I'm wasn't very fond of the buffet, but I'm not a buffet person. Our breakfast and dinner was in the main dining room, The Palace. We had 1 meal at The Crossings main dining room and it was just as good. For our late night cravings, we ate at the sportsbar around the corner from the Garden Cafe Buffet. Can't think of the name but it's the only place that's open for sit down ordering up until 5:30 am. We never encountered a long line or wait at any of these eateries. I wonder if other shipmates knew of these options???

The highlight of the cruise was Great Stirrup Cay. The reviews I read led me to believe that the Island BBQ was lacking...boy was it NOT! The layout was superb and the facility where the food was set up was VERY nice! This was a 'buffet style' BBQ that looked like something you'd see on the travel channel! The food selections were great! Ribs, chicken, burgers, hotdogs, differnet types of salads and plenty of side dishes, fruit, and deserts. The island itself was breathtaking and contrary to the reviews, there was not a long wait for a tender to the island. In my opinion, you should book a shore excursion for Freeport Grand Bahamas, otherwise this island will disappoint. We chose the sea safari and snorkle and it was FUN! In Nassau, there's more to do since the ship docks at the straw market area where there's plenty to see and do downtown. Be sure to book the Atlantis excursion of your choice, we did the beach break and it was well worth the money!

Overall, I was very please with this cruise and will book future cruises with this line.

Publication Date: 10/21/11