Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by sailin'sam: Loved, Liked, Wished Otherwise.

sailin'sam
Member Since 2004

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Europe - Western Mediterranean Cruises

Loved, Liked, Wished Otherwise.

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

What I LOVED: The My Pod

The Studio Cabin concept with access to the living room. Brilliant! Best cup of coffee on the ship, few cookies in the afternoon, the wonderful Natalie (she got the solos out of the shell) in the evening.

Wasabi. BMG. Posh.

The staff/customer service. Who remembers your name out of 4000 pax? They do.

What I LIKED: The Food.

Will it win the James Beard...no, but it was darned good for what it was and it was beautifully presented and served with a big smile.

All the options, fill the day, or not.

What I Wished Otherwise: The Smoke

Who could smoke in those studios and not smoke in bed? You smoked in bed or in the shower stall, this was a safety concern for me. Smoke was wretched in the casino.Also big, big wish. Nothing beats a great steakhouse except eating at a great bar in a great steakhouse. Couple of martinis, a porterhouse, HELLO!! Capital Grille...Mortons. You got a bar in Cagney's, More take advantage of it. You have a lot of solos on the ship who would have felt very comfortable with that experience instead of a "table for one".

In conclusion I enjoyed Epic but I wish an Epic Lite was available with a smaller number of passengers. I thought the ship lacked the intimacy one gets on a ship with 2000 pax. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 11513

Heavy door to hallway close to this room needs a pneumatic close as it slammed all night every time someone returned to cabin. I also think the stewards were over-matched here, at least mine seemed that way. He never quite got it all right.