Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by shmrckdog: Oasis was a Big Disappointment

Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Oasis of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Oasis was a Big Disappointment

Sail Date: October 2011

Ok so I found the Oasis of the Seas to be very large but infact to be a big disappointment. My wife and myself are big fans of royal Caribbean, I have been on a few cruises with them and my wife has sailed around 20 times with them. We have never had a concern or a worry when ever we are on board untill this last cruise.

The ship it self is very nice, I do feel its way to big and has a lot of wasted space but the details are great. You can tell it was built for looks and to be the biggest around but it wasn't built with common sense. We found that because th ship is so tall it doesn't take much for it to rock, infact all 7 days we were on it the ship rocked and the weather wasn't all bad. Also things like the the pool deck and central park deck are nice, the floors when wet are more like and ice skating rink. The biggest thing that made us feel the ship had issues was our bathroom, we ended up with an inside handycap room so we had a large bathroom with a large shower, More however when you took a shower the bathroom would flood, and the rocking of the ship wasn't a big help/ My wife would shower and if I was near the sink before I knew it I was in ankle deep water because the drains weren't working right. We found a decent amount of mold around the flooring and after 3 days it smelled of a bad odor.

With that said I have to say we were most unhappy with the crew overall. It seemed like everyone that we had to speak to just wanted to pass it off or blow it off. The first problem we had was with guest relations. We took an excursion from the ship in St. Thomas that was pretty much nothing we had read. We felt it was a waste of money and the tour people really treated the guest badly. We felt for nothing else just to speak our mind to prevent other people from having the same problems with it, The excurision desk was closed as usual so we went to Guest relations where we were greated but what seemed to be a person that almost cared. We explained the events and she took a few notes and explained she needed to contact some people but we would hear back. We waited 3 days before hearing back and got a responce of basicly, well we told them they did a bad job and thats it. I felt that I got the blow off but them so I called down to the desk because I felt she might have misunderstood somethings. Another employee said they cant do anything I will need to fill out a complaint form from the excursion desk, I said well this would have been helpful to know 3 days ago.

As we visited different bars and things on the ship we seemed to be met with overall bad customer service and pissed off attitudes by the crew. We had a few bartenders speak to us like we weren't important because we asked for a coke and not a drink they get a tip for, even saw a feww eye rolls which to me is so uncalled for. Even ordered a couple specal drinks and found the bartenders had no idea how to make what was on there menu because some were so bad you couldn't even drink them. The dinning room staff was a joke, we didn't go to the dinning room the first night because we were still settling in but we went night 2 to be greated with questions on why we weren't there before. For some reason we didn't have a table number and when we asked they sent us all around to other people because no one seemed to be able to look it up. Once we got that all taken care of, we met of wait staff who seemed to have forgotten what customer service was. The asst. waiter was very good, but we were turned off from wanting to eat there because of the staff.

The stateroom attendent was a nice guy but after a couple days we relaized he was just as lazy as the rest of the crew. We seemed to be the ones to keep everythig clean in the room and he just made the bed.

There were a few other things that really floored us in a bad way but I am sure everyone got the idea of what this cruise was like. I expected more from the staff and the ship and there was never a wow factor, we are considering looking into other lines when planning the next cruise because of how we were treated this time around. Less

Read more Oasis of the Seas cruise reviews >>