Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by jaykris

Embarkation: Boston
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: M
Cabin Number: 85**
See More About: Jewel of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals

Oh Canada???
OK, this was my first time on this cruise itinerary, boring! The ship could have left me in Bar Harbor for what is was worth. This was the most boring cruise that I have ever been on! The people, older crowd, were all in bed every night by 10:00pm. The crap table was hardly ever open on ship due to lack of activity.

Ports: Portland a nice city port

BarHarbor: One of the MOST beautiful places I have ever been too.

St Johns: You have GOT to be kidding!! I LOVE Canada, but this is NO vacation spot. Why would any ship ever stop here?? It offered zero on the excursion we took.....boring, dirty, old, falling apart port city. They should

spend two nights in BarHarbor.

Halifax: Nice stop, of course great people. Did I say I love Canada??

This was my first time on an inside room on RCCL, second in my life. Room was acceptable, small but adequate. The beds?? HARD AS A ROCK!! And I mean HARD!! They did bring us an eggcrate topper which helped immensely.

The Crew: This is where RCCL really shines! The best, plain and simple.

Portifinos: We ate there on night 4, dinner was good, steak was fantastic, appetisers were tasteless.

All in all, I still had a good time and a $400 bar bill;)

The ship nickle and dimes us on every corner, perhaps they might consider cutting their 45% cut on excursions so that we may enjoy the cruise and attend more often...

Publication Date: 10/20/11