Jewel of the Seas Cruise Review by jaykris: Oh Canada???

Jewel of the Seas 3
Member Since 2009
0 Forum Posts

Compare Prices on Jewel of the Seas Canada & New England Cruises

Oh Canada???

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: Boston

OK, this was my first time on this cruise itinerary, boring! The ship could have left me in Bar Harbor for what is was worth. This was the most boring cruise that I have ever been on! The people, older crowd, were all in bed every night by 10:00pm. The crap table was hardly ever open on ship due to lack of activity.

Ports: Portland a nice city port
BarHarbor: One of the MOST beautiful places I have ever been too.
St Johns: You have GOT to be kidding!! I LOVE Canada, but this is NO vacation spot. Why would any ship ever stop here?? It offered zero on the excursion we took.....boring, dirty, old, falling apart port city. They should
spend two nights in BarHarbor.
Halifax: Nice stop, of course great people. Did I say I love Canada??

This was my first time on an inside room on RCCL, second in my life. Room was acceptable, small but adequate. The beds?? HARD AS A ROCK!! And I mean HARD!! They did bring us an eggcrate topper which helped More immensely.

The Crew: This is where RCCL really shines! The best, plain and simple.

Portifinos: We ate there on night 4, dinner was good, steak was fantastic, appetisers were tasteless.

All in all, I still had a good time and a $400 bar bill;)The ship nickle and dimes us on every corner, perhaps they might consider cutting their 45% cut on excursions so that we may enjoy the cruise and attend more often... Less

Published 10/20/11