Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ejt2011: Allure of the Seas Review
Overall Member Rating
Allure of the Seas Review
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)
Just recently finished our sailing with Allure of the Seas for the October 16th 2011 sailing. Here is my review being as objective as possible:
- Food in main dining room was of low quality. Lackluster dish presentation, bland tasting food, and limited menu. We ended up tired of going there and skipped the same at the end.
- Food in specialty restaurants were of great quality, great presentation, and very tasty, especially Chops Grille! Highly recommended. If you have the money I would skip the main dining all together.
- Having sailed in other cruises, including other RC ships, we found most shows to be boring. Chicago though was very good.
- Although the Cruise had several entertainment options and activities, we found these completely lacking, especially for a ship that spends 3 days at sea. One does really get bored. Being a couple in their 30's and early 40's, we found most activities and entertainment targeted to an older population, specifically american, More for a ship carrying such a culturally diverse crowd. For a ship with so many bars were one would expect a lively nightlife, these were dead most of the time. Our sailing unfortunately was filled with rainy days and many cancelled outdoor activities. Although we understand that weather is unexpected, there should have been a plan B for indoor entertainment.
- Not all was dissapointing, beautiful cruise ship, so many different places to be and see, excellent ambience, Central Park is beautiful, Promenade is awesome.
In sum, beautiful ship with lots of potential to correct the flaws. But so far not worth the higher premium. Never feels cramped until you need help or get in an elevator. Less
Read more Allure of the Seas cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Allure of the Seas Review >>
Cabin review: D5 Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony
Read All Superior Ocean View Stateroom with Balcony (D5) Reviews >>
A horrible experience with hos...
Carnival Fantasy was a let dow...
Small Cruise Ship with lots of...
Last time on Paradise
Not a particularly enjoyable c...
Big ship, noisy, and regular f...
First Diamond Cruise on RCCL