Carnival Fantasy Cruise Review by Just 2 of Us: Carnival Fantasy - Bermuda

Carnival Fantasy - Bermuda

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bermuda
Embarkation: Charleston

This was the 3rd Cruise for my wife & I. The 2 prior to this were on the Carnival Glory & this time the Carnival Fantasy. We had sailed with family & friends on our prior two cruises but this time it was just the wife & I.

We left out of the Charleston SC Port & it was great! Embarkation & Debarkation were great! Quick & Smooth!

The Fantasy is a smaller ship, but we liked it because you didn't have to walk as much & you didn't seem to have to go through a maze to get where you wanted to go. The ship also seemed well maintained. Nice & clean.

The food was mediocre. Not Great by any stretch of the imagination. The food in the Buffet Line on the Lido Deck was unrecognizable. Thanks goodness they had it labeled or we would have had no idea what we were eating. The grill & pizza stations were always open & it was what you would expect. Not good not bad. In the Main Dining Room the food was a little better but nothing spectacular.

Our Cabin Steward More aggravated us to death! My wife & I are both late sleepers. If we happened to be in the room when the Steward wanted to clean, he would come back every 5 minutes until we left! This was supposed to be our vacation, but he wanted to make sure he got his job done whether we got to rest or not!

Now, my main complaint with this Ship is the smell! On every floor, except for the Lido Deck & the Main Dining Room, it smelled like we were floating in open sewage. The smell was unreal! The water in the faucet taste awful therefore the ice was the same way, awful!! The water in the toilet was a brown color! When passengers started complaining about the smell, we were told the Ship had hit a Dolphin but could not explain why the smell was present during the whole trip! This boat definitely has some filtration problems & for that reason, I WILL NOT cruise on the Fantasy again! In fact, I'm looking at a different Cruise Line for our next trip!

Our only Port, was Bermuda! Absolutely breath-taking! It is a must see if you like to travel like my wife & I do!

All in all, had it not been for Bermuda we would have asked for a refund, probably would not have gotten it but we would have tried.

If you have a future cruise booked on the Carnival Fantasy, I would definitely change! Less

Published 10/19/11

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X