Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Peter1: Fabulous

Fabulous

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Barcelona

Our vacation on the Epic was fabulous.

Our room (spa mini suite, 14th floor) was incredible. The glass doors around the shower and toilet area were frosted and provided plenty of privacy. The beds were dreamy comfortable with very soft sheets. Not like any other cruise I've taken. The storage space was incredible, way to go EPIC. We didn't even use all the storage available (above bed, behind the cushions of couch, the drawers under the couch. Did I mention two comfy robes in one of the three closets? Great to have a safe in the room. The spa mini suite included unlimited access to the Spa which was another incredible experience. Beware though, if you choose to schedule a massage, there is an additional 18% VAT and the tip automatically added to your bill. I think I will get the massage before the cruise and save over $100.00 but I certainly did enjoy the massage!

Love the freestyle dining. We ate at many of the free and specialty dining rooms, enjoyed More them all. Mornings in the buffet was a bit crazy but just what I expected so that was okay.

The shows were fantastic. Blue Man Group, Cirque and Dinner, Howl at the Moon and also the Dancing with the Epic stars was hysterical! My husband and I participated in the 'Minute to Win It' in the Bliss Lounge, lots of laughs throughout the entire cruise.

The staff was very friendly, attentive, polite and accommodating. The meet and greet in the Bliss Lounge was really impressive when so many of the staff showed up and introduced their selves and mentioned how important Cruise Critics reviews are to them in making our vacations better.

Enjoyed the pools, the slides were fun and the adult pool although small was just fine, not too many people were ever in the pool at the same time.

Our shore excursions were booked thru All Around Italy with Fabrizio. I could go on and on about his professionalism, knowledge of the History in every port of call in Italy and his great humor. He added so much to our vacation, after spending so much time with him in three ports it felt like he was part of our family and we all really missed him when it was over! Highly recommend him and will definately use him when we return.

Was really nice to have two full days at sea to really relax.

We were so very fortunate to have met two more groups of two thru cruise critics that we planned each shore excursion with. We were so compatible, what a plus that was. New friends and great memories! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic 14102

Excellent design, lots of storage space. Highly recommend reading the card in your cabin explaining how to dim the light on the phone and other basic info. Balcony was cozy, while in port, the partition can be opened between balcony's if traveling with adjoining group. Bed was very comfortable (I usually have trouble sleeping but not there!).

Loved hop on hop off bus. Buy vouchers in advance then exchange for tickets at the airport before you leave. Easy way to see many of the sites!

Beautiful. Great shopping (Leather!!), food and wonderful people. The architecture is unbelievable.

(5.5)
The Amalfi Coast and Pompeii was wonderful! Breathtaking sites.
Read 647 Naples Reviews

(5.5)
Beautiful Island. Sixteen of us went on an excursion to Port de Sollar, Valldemossa, Deia, thru the mountains, overlooking the beautiful coast.
Read 102 Palermo Reviews

Overall loved Rome, wished we had known in advance that the Pope would have his first audience in 3 months. The Vatican was packed, no air and really pushy tourists. I'm sure they were thinking the same thing. Would have enjoyed the day better if we had passed this excursion and spent more time in other parts of the City.