Disney Dream Cruise Review by PlutosMom319: Only Disney Cruise Line for me from now on.........

PlutosMom319
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Disney Dream Bahamas Cruises

Only Disney Cruise Line for me from now on.........

Sail Date: October 2011
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

This was my first Disney cruise (DH had been on 2 others when he was younger) and only my 3rd cruise ever (this was DH 7th). We traveled with another couple who had never been on a cruise before. The 4 of us were beyond impressed. Our cruise got off to a rough start - there was nasty weather in Port Canaveral that kept us docked overnight instead of setting sail at 5pm on Sunday. It was definitely the right call as the seas were rough and the wind was whipping (another ship left that night and injuries/damage has been reported).

The ship itself is BEAUTIFUL. The detailing that went into the decorations and themes is amazing. We loved the split bathroom feature in the rooms and the rooms didn't feel claustrophobic. We were on the 10th floor on the very back of the ship with balconies. The balconies were close to the same size as the room with 2 chairs and 2 lounge chairs....so relaxing!

The food was delicious and we enjoyed the rotating dining rooms. I didn't More particularly care for Animator's Palette but the Enchanted Garden and Royal Palace were nice...and again, beautifully decorated. The servers were attentive and had some of our prior requests ready for us when we sat down.

The main pool area was very hectic and loud so we were very glad that all members of our party were adults so that we could enjoy the quiet adult pool area. On the day at sea we did have an issue finding lounge chairs but in general it wasn't over crowded. There were a couple instances where we wished the "no kids policy" was enforced a little more but usually the glares from other guests is enough to send the message ;)

We stopped in Nassau and Castaway Cay - we could have done without Nassau but Castaway is heaven on earth. White beaches, crystal clear water, plenty to do but still so relaxing.

There were not any kids in our party and we never felt overwhelmed by them. Prior to this cruise, I told my husband that this was going to be the last cruise we'll be going on....after the Disney experience, I cannot wait to book another one with them. Less

Read more Disney Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Disney Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Disney Dream Deluxe Family Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah Deck 8 10164

Our room was directly below Cabanas and the outdoor eating area so every time they power-washed the deck our balcony got soaked (or if we were out there, we got wet). And when they dragged around the chairs on the outdoor eating area (for Cabanas) it was very loud above us. LOVE the larger balcony, being on the back of the ship, and the split bathrooms.

If we end up coming to Nassau again, we might check out Atlantis but other than that I would be perfectly fine staying on the ship. I don't have an interest in haggling in the straw market or any of that.
Read 2614 Nassau Reviews