Azura Cruise Review by clareylou: Have the cruise bug now!

clareylou
Member Since 2011

Have the cruise bug now!

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Europe - Western Mediterranean
Embarkation: Southampton

my hubby and I did our first cruise on the Azura in sept 2011. my hubby was not keen on the idea although he did buy a tuxedo eventually before we went on hols. he is now totally converted and is now going to buy a white jacked tux for our next cruise already booked in august 2012. i was amazed at how quick we were on the ship we go to southampton by 1pm and was on the ship by 1.30pm even though we were given a 3pm boarding time. did not appreciate the size of the ship until we arrived in vigo on tuesday and got off and stepped back even my hubby was impressed by the size (he is ex royal marine so has served on big ships etc) but he was impress.

the staff were great really friendly and happy to assist at all times the ship was spotlessly clean the food excellent we did freedom dining which thoroughly enjoyed as we always shared a table and met different people each night. the entertainment a little flat however tribute to elton john and cher was brilliant. bit disappointed More with casablanca quite glad we chose not to get off to be honest and i have the feeling a fair few of the passengers were a little disappointed, not the captains fault just a poor country and due to costa being on the berth and us being so big we were put on a container berth which was very oily and dirty on the ground. this day azura proved how clean she was as because of the oil and dirt they clingfilmed all the walkways to keep the carpets clean.

We had an outside cabin and it was ideal as to be honest you dont spend much time in it, our cabin steward was really helpful and friendly and a hard worker

if i had to make one little moan I would of liked to spend longer in gibralter really liked that place. and the photographs on the ship got a little annoying lol kept pouncing and they were not cheap to buy however did buy the formal portraits as a memento.

I am really keen to go on Azura again and plan on doing it in 2013 we have booked a two week italian med cruise in aug with the oposistion lol ind of the seas as the itinery was slightly better than P and O for next year and I dont want to go on anything smaller than Azura lol but trust me My hubby and I will be back on Azura for a cruise in 2013 I have told all my friends that they are never to fly again and go cruising so relaxing dont have to think about anything and totally hassle free. Well done Azura. Less

Read more Azura cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Azura Review >>

Cabin review: Azura E708

We had the outside obstructed and it was ideal for our needs extremely clean and fresh bed absolutely huge lol can lose your husband lol shower very good however my husband is taller and broader than me and he found it a little small. water temp excellent and took seconds to get to the correct temp, hanging rail for clothes great with plenty of supplied hangers plenty of mirrors with good lighting and hairdryer. tea coffee facilities very good and always topped up. telly good although only used it to check account balance. overall excellent

did the dolphin watch and that was great saw over 200 dolphins and the guide was british and very good and new where to sail to to see them and how to attract them excellent couple of hours but sadly only half day in gib.

We did the tram tour which was very good its half a day and very interesting go around the old town of lisbon and its so sad to see it so run down and graffitti on every building, you get given a glass of port and portugese pastry and then back on the coach and taken around the wealthy side of lisbon sight seeing back to the ship which leaves you half a day to do what you wish.
Read 278 Lisbon Reviews

did a sightseeing bus tour your are given earphones and have a running commentry on route cadiz is very clean and the beach is beautiful and sandy

(4)
We didnt do a tour we got off and walked up to the town and looked at the oyster market which was good. vigo is very hilly and lots of steps not brilliant for disabled but worth a visit. oh by the way the man playing a violin as you come out of the customs building is hungarian so we were told and not spanish lol
Read 200 Vigo Reviews