Azura Cruise Review by clareylou

Cruise Date: September 2011
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Number: E708
See More About: Azura Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | P&O Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+

Ship Facts: Azura Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Azura Deck Plans
Have the cruise bug now!
my hubby and I did our first cruise on the Azura in sept 2011. my hubby was not keen on the idea although he did buy a tuxedo eventually before we went on hols. he is now totally converted and is now going to buy a white jacked tux for our next cruise already booked in august 2012. i was amazed at how quick we were on the ship we go to southampton by 1pm and was on the ship by 1.30pm even though we were given a 3pm boarding time. did not appreciate the size of the ship until we arrived in vigo on tuesday and got off and stepped back even my hubby was impressed by the size (he is ex royal marine so has served on big ships etc) but he was impress.

the staff were great really friendly and happy to assist at all times the ship was spotlessly clean the food excellent we did freedom dining which thoroughly enjoyed as we always shared a table and met different people each night. the entertainment a little flat however tribute to elton john and cher was brilliant. bit disappointed with casablanca quite glad we chose not to get off to be honest and i have the feeling a fair few of the passengers were a little disappointed, not the captains fault just a poor country and due to costa being on the berth and us being so big we were put on a container berth which was very oily and dirty on the ground. this day azura proved how clean she was as because of the oil and dirt they clingfilmed all the walkways to keep the carpets clean.

We had an outside cabin and it was ideal as to be honest you dont spend much time in it, our cabin steward was really helpful and friendly and a hard worker

if i had to make one little moan I would of liked to spend longer in gibralter really liked that place. and the photographs on the ship got a little annoying lol kept pouncing and they were not cheap to buy however did buy the formal portraits as a memento.

I am really keen to go on Azura again and plan on doing it in 2013 we have booked a two week italian med cruise in aug with the oposistion lol ind of the seas as the itinery was slightly better than P and O for next year and I dont want to go on anything smaller than Azura lol but trust me My hubby and I will be back on Azura for a cruise in 2013 I have told all my friends that they are never to fly again and go cruising so relaxing dont have to think about anything and totally hassle free. Well done Azura.

Publication Date: 10/18/11