Carnival Elation Cruise Review by chubear

Embarkation: Mobile
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 1A
Cabin Number: m234
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Public Rooms 5+

Disappointed on a fun ship
I was disappointed on my Carnival Elation cruise taken last week (10/11). I've only been on 5 other cruises, some with Carnival, and did not appreciate having a buffet employee dole out my bacon alotment each morning (2 slices)- the only breakfast item they monitored, by the way. A polite young lady would be standing behind the bacon "pile" and dole out literally 2 pieces of bacon. Of course you could ask for more, but who wants to be glared at and hold up the buffet line? Also, in the desert line, the same? young lady almost had a heart attack when I attempted to cut my own piece of cake. I cut!! I cut!! well geeze.....but my biggest complaint comes from the shore excursion desk.My friends and I purchased the shore excursion "The Amazing Cozumel Race" before we embarked on our cruise. As this was my 3rd trip to Cozumel (my friend calls it the "atlanta terminal" of the Caribbean), we were very much looking forward to this excursion, the only one we planned for Cozumel. Once we arrived and got dressed for this excursion, we "raced" down the pier to meet up with our fellow racing participants. We waited. and waited. and waited. We asked other excursion employees if we were in the right place, etc. Finally, after an hour, my friend walked back to the ship & was told that the excursion was cancelled due to nonparticipation. They had sent a note to us the night before... Once back on the ship, we did find the notice--in a pile of papers on the vanity. We never saw it. A complaint was made; the least they could do was have someone meet us at the end of the pier where they were expected to let us know PERSONALLY that it had been cancelled.

We were also disappointed to not have ANY craft classes on the sea days. We are crafters and on past cruises I have enjoyed learning new crafts and having the souveniers I made. It's a great way to pass time on sea days & all the classes I had previously attended on the other cruises were filled, so there is an audience for this type of entertainment.

This was the last month of cruising out of Mobile, Al for Carnival & by the end of the 5 day cruise we certainly noticed a decline in the service. Not quite so helpful, not quite so willing to go the extra mile. However, we really enoyed and appreciated our cabin steward, Made. He was always helpful, polite, cheerful, and professional. It was all in all a good cruise, but there certainly were some disapointments to be found.

Publication Date: 10/18/11