Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by davenew

Cabin Category: D4
Cabin Number: 85xx
Dining 5+

GREAT CRUISE SHIP - IMPROVEMENTS NEEDED
Travelled out on the 9/11 sailing on the Western Caribbean route.

I did not intend writing a lengthy report repeating what everyone else has said about this wonderful ship. We sailed on the Oasis last year so knew roughly what to expect, and had a great vacation.

Stayed overnight at the Embassy Suites in Boca Raton very good managers reception and breakfast, hotel good standard.

Dropped our Hertz car off at the airport only to be told that there was not a shuttle to the port?? Employee took us to the port in the car and dropped us off

Embarkation was a breeze. We were allowed in the staterooms at 1pm, and the luggage arrived at 1.05pm. Note: Alcohol checks in hand luggage were very strict. I noticed rum runners being confiscated, and we had 4, single glass sized bottles removed. (These were given back on the Thursday night - so we still drank them onboard)

Ports of Call are what they are, orchestrated by RCI, with Labadee being our favourite, despite the flies getting to my bbq before I did.

Falmouth - we went on the Martha Brae rafting tour. Had a wonderfull raft captain called Ray, who wore the biggest blue rasta hat. He sang to us most of the way down when not giving informative information. We called him "Rasta Ray".

Cozumel - caught the Independance Day parade. Not often you get anything free in Cozumel.

POSITIVES:

MDR

Staff were excellent, with special praises to our waiter SABIT from Macedonia, and JUNE from Philippines on the front desk. These worked like crazy to make sure we had a great time and always made sure we got our pre booked times. In my opinion, these two stand out from other cruises we have taken. Always a smile and a chat.

COCKTAILS:

The ones we had from the bars were always worth the money plenty of alcohol in them.

CHEFS TABLE:

Absolutely brilliant, and together with the 5 wines and 1 champagne, well worth the $75 a head. Worthy of several Michelin stars. We shared this experience with 12 wonderful and extremely sociable table mates.Just need to try the recipes in the cook book we received.

PARK CAF:

Love this place for breakfast and lunch can't stand the queues and mass produced food in the Windjammer.

UNFORTUNATELY NEGATIVES:

HYGIENE.

Having been made to sign a declaration about my hygiene at embarkation, I found it unacceptable to find numerous examples of unclean cups in the Promenade Caf area. Having to pick up 6 cups with lipstick or food debris, before I found a clean one is unacceptable. This happened on more than one occasion. I have been involved in HACCP standards, and RCI should be reprimanded. I brought it to the attention of Guest Services, who went immediately into the kitchens.

Later that night, G Services placed two bottles of wine in our stateroom with an apology thank you.

I then noticed that only paper cups were available the next day!!

The following night we had a knock on the door, and found room service delivering a tray with a dozen chocolate covered strawberries, as an apology from the Prom caf. The best is yet to come when I took a bite, I noticed that a long, thick black hair was encased in the solidified chocolate mine are grey!!. Trying to stop myself vomiting, I threw them in the garbage.

RCI must do better!!.

CRUISE DIRECTOR:

Who was he? Conspicuous by his absence, someone told me his name was Ken Rush!! Worst cruise director so far - Bring on Richard Spacey.

SHOWS:

Adbacabera were billed as the Ultimate Abba tribute act whilst they were ok, I have seen much better in Europe.

CASINO:

I would like to know how RCI claim to have one half of the casino No Smoking!! The whole place smells of smoke, and so do your clothes after a visit.

OVERALL:

We met some great people,e and had a great holiday on board, followed by another great week in Boca Raton.

The one bad apple did not spoil the barrel!!

Publication Date: 10/18/11