Emerald Princess Cruise Review by GROOVERS: Birthday Cruise

Birthday Cruise

Sail Date: September 2011
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Copenhagen

It was a wonderful cruise, the worst we ever had was funderful!
The food was mediocre at best, we have been looking to change from NCL for a while, but we can say for certain it will not be changing to Princess...
Disney is for the little kids and their moms and dads, Carnival is for the young folks and the party set, and Princess is for the senior adults. I mean really, a whell chair parked at the elevator, on charge, and lets just say the elevators, they seemed to powered by the smell of depends!
The ship was kind of in bad shape for a ship so new, lots of rips in the carpets, the carpet in our stateroom was dirty and dingy! The staff and service, well all I can say, our room steward was the best, the Matred was a great guy, but all the rest, was pathetic, I mean really, we even had an encounter with a waiter from India, and it just was not a good experience, he was very rude, and unreasonable. Even the the clocks on board were not even set right, the More entertainment was bad, and the lectures were about global warming and the changes in the earth you really don't want to hear about while on vacation!
I will never, I mean never use the Internet again on-board a ship, It was a total rip off, I paid $100 for 250 minutes, and each every time I logged on it took 29 minutes just to read my e-mails, believe me, I used my stop watch! And that equals to about 12 dollars at 40 cents a minute! Less

Read more Emerald Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Emerald Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Emerald Princess Oceanview Double with Balcony Emerald

(5.5)
Nice excursion's but expensive, and a town that'seems to lost it's appeal, no people, no crowds...
Read 44 Belfast Reviews

(5.5)
Big port, and lots of shopping!
Read 77 Dublin Reviews

Wonderful and so interesting, expensive tour but wonderful

(5)
Great port, interesting tour, but unsure about all the nude sculptures!
Read 144 Oslo Reviews

Fantastic country side, the sheep, the energy, the good people, you could really tell they were very hospitable!